Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa 2x15 Cab Price

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sanctum, May 13, 2002.

1. A local shop here has a used Mesa Boogie 2x15 in a Road Ready case for $650. The things sounds pretty good (although I didnt crank it too loud) but the case is pretty scratched up, paint peeled off the handles etc. I realize that is the purpose of the case, but does that seem like a high price or a good price?

Greg

2. incubus2432

incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    I'd say for a RR that is a decent price......do you like the sound and is $650 acceptable for you? That's all that really matters..........

3. I bought my R.R 2x15 in '87 or '88 for $500 and I still have it,I still love it,and it still kicks ASS...AT $650 I'd jump on it.it will be the last cab you'll ever NEED to buy...but I must warn you,once you get a R.R cab,you'll WANT more of them...now I have two R.R's...a 2x10 to go with my 2x15.they are just soooooo damn heavy but I put up with the weight because the sound is awsome..:eek:

4. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    rekesbass is right. They are the most heavy-friggin' duty cabs ever made and it will last you forever. They sound fantastic as well. If the weight issue bothers you, remember that you play the BASS!! You're supposed to be heavy:D I had a RR 1-15 (I'm currently looking for another) and I used to joke that I could drop it off a 3 story building without hurting it. I really think you could.
    Oh yeah, at load-out, the drunks WILL get out of your way; a corner on these cabs hurts when it encounters flesh:cool: