Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa 400+ EQ

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Magma, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Magma

Magma

Sep 10, 2005
    Hey guys.... Sorry if this is a repost or has been answered alll ready, but here's my problem.

All the sudden on the 400+ if you put the eq switch to "IN" the amp goes dead.

Anyone have this issue? and if so, was it an easy fix?

Thanks guys!

Tim

2. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    All the EQ sliders should start off in the middle, not the bottom, of their range. It's a boost/cut not just a boost circuit.

3. Magma

Magma

Sep 10, 2005
    Thanks for the Quick reply Ralph... but I am still a bit lost. Are you saying that if I put all my EQ's in the middle, it will start to work again?

4. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    he's asying that if all the EQ sliders are all the way down on the graphic EQ section....there will be no sound coming out until you bring some (any or all) of the sliders at least a little bit up. It's a boost or cut EQ. Center being zero boosting and zero cutting of that frequency. Therefore, if you cut all the frequencies across the specrum...no sound will occur. Same for the dial EQ's across the bottom...all of them at the zero position gives no sound. Not saying that this is your problem, but check on it. Your amp may just be really F-ed up!