mesa 400+ help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tww001, May 18, 2007.

1. tww001

tww001

Aug 13, 2003
    Telford, PA
    I recently inherited a Mesa 400+ amp and am a little confused as to what output I should be using to send to the cab, the 4 ohm output or the 8 ohm output. The cab is a Mesa cab, but I don't know what model, and there aren't any indicators in the back as to impedence or anything of the sort, just one input in the cab's road case. I've included a pic b/c it looks like it's possibly a custom cab? there's a 15, a 10, two 6's and a horn.
    [​IMG]
    Any help as to how I should run it would be great!

Also, as a side note, There's a lot of sticky, deteriorated foam in the case for the head. I've cleaned most of it out, should I find a piece of replacement foam to put in the case? Thanks.

2. You dont need more foam for the heads case i dont think.

Ive seen that cab before, they arent custom, tho the 10" looks like it might have been replaced? Im not 100% sure tho. Cant remember the name of them, its a Road Ready cab tho (i think) .

3. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    The cabinet model number is '1516b', and if memory serves, it's 4 ohms mono, or 8 ohms stereo. If you're just using the one head, you'd just use the 4 ohm input on the cabinet, and the 4 ohm output from the head.

4. Chef

Chef In Memoriam

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    You could also call Mesa, they're very helpful...

5. tww001

tww001

Aug 13, 2003
    Telford, PA
    very helpful, thank you all very much.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021