1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mesa 400+ or Big Block Titan V12?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 810wmb, Sep 14, 2008.

1. 810wmb

810wmb

Jan 29, 2000
    i have a 400+ love it...

the thought just jumped in my head today about getting a V12

anybody ever a/b them?

what's the cost of a v12?

thanks

2. Red Planet

Red Planet Banned

May 29, 2005
    Atlanta
    I'm cranky in my old age.
    What style of music do you play? What cabs are you using? What kind of gigs do you play? What kind of PA at your gigs?

3. Elemetal

Elemetal

Mar 10, 2006
    I played on a V12 at Long & Mcquade at the Edmonton Location and it was absolutely insane. It had the perfect overdrive I`ve been looking for forever. I also could dial in some pretty beefy tones and I liked it a lot. I could see myself using the A/B inputs too but you can't really practically test that **** out in Long & Mcquade especially when you don't have your own bass there. I dug the channel switches on there too I could dial in a beef tone then I could switch to channel to and then go to a more solo bass tone. I found it pretty versitile. I've played more versatile amps when it comes to tones but I had everything I wanted in an amp. I just don't have the cash for it. I saw just the head was pushing just over $2000. Canadian dollars too if that even means anything anymore.

4. 810wmb

810wmb

Jan 29, 2000

rock mostly..about anything that come up

not huge gigs, mostly no p.a. support

210 and 115 mesa powerhouse cabs

5. Elemetal

Elemetal

Mar 10, 2006
    I wouldn't go for it if you're not looking for overdrive. Theres definitely way better out there if you just want a straight clean tone. I'm still really looking I wouldn't settle on it but if I had the money I would 'cause I've been searching quite a while for the head I want and I havn't found anything yet with good overdrive built in and good clean tone. This one is by far the best I've ever played when you combine both ideal situations in one. But if you want a good straight up clean tone definitely go for something different.

6. 810wmb

810wmb

Jan 29, 2000
    thanks - like i said, the thought just popped into the noggin today, thought i'd post about it.

mesa stopped making the 400+ - just wondering how the v12 would compare, seeing how this is their flagship amp now

7. Word is that they'll be bringing it back redesigned.

I'm guessing lighter weight w/ their newer eq layout...should be interesting.

8. mournblade

mournblade Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Roanoke, TX
    I played the V12, absolutely killer tone. Seriously considering replacing my SVT-4 Pro with one. Price is 1699 rack or 1849 with the cool head cabinet. If anyone knows where to get a better price on Mesa gear, please let me know.

9. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    I've owned the Bass 400 (older model) and I currently own the titan. The titan has all the good parts of the 400+ (it can get NASTY) but it also has a ton of clean headroom. It's warm as can be. If you try it and like it, go for it. It was great for me because I loved the gainier settings on the 400+ but I also wanted something that could be clean at high volumes. The Titan fit the bill for me. YMMV.

10. Ampeg SVT

Ampeg SVT Son, I am disappoint.

Sep 9, 2006
    Thats pretty neat, do you know if they are bringing back the Mark series of guitar amps as well?

11. 810wmb

810wmb

Jan 29, 2000

no crap?

is this for sure?

12. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    That's what everyone wants to think, but I've heard nothing official from Mesa. I guess we'll see at NAMM.