1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mesa 400+ shock mount racks

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chic-chic, Jul 26, 2005.

1. chic-chic

chic-chic

May 1, 2005
    I need a 4 space shock mount rack for my mesa 400+. Purchasing the shock mount rack from mesa boogie would be nice but its totally out of the question~$500.00. Are there other 400+ users out there using a gator, road ready or skb? Any thoughts on durability or dependability of these different brands would be greatly appreciated. I tour alot and feel like my luck is running out by not having a proper shock mounted rack.

thanks.

2. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Mine's in a Gator rack. I simply use a piece of packing foam sitting between the cabinet and the head when playing to dampen vibration.

3. kalle74

kalle74

Aug 27, 2004
    ask around for a quality plywood rack case. Many companies make them with or without suspension... A lot tougher and more durable than plastic racks that crack on impact. If you tour a lot, a good case will be worth the investment. Don´t skimp on it.

4. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Look for a Mesa rack used. I found a Mesa 12-space for $170 that was in great condition. I also have a 4-space Mesa that I may be willing to let go (since i no longer have my 400+). PM me if you'd like.

5. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I found my SKB 4 space wasn't big enough and the amp ran hot. I got a great deal on a 5 space rack (well made plywood) from another TB'er, and it's been great.

6. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    my new 400+ came with a 4 space gator shock case.

friggen thing is awesome.

7. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I've bought several SUS-4 racks off of ebay. The cheapest 4U SUS-4 was $125. These are great racks!

Tom.

8. I use the SKB for my +. It's pretty hefty to lug around but has held up well. One word... Handtruck. It's the older one with coiled cables instead of rubber. The cables are so stout that I really wonder how much shock protection the amp is getting. I can only move the amp slightly pressing real hard. I might try taking a coil or 2-3 out to offer some give. Has anyone ever tried this?

9. woah, cheap as chips!

10. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    +1... Gator shock rack works over here... I was looking the other day at the possibility of adding some rear rack rails to the 400+... anyone do this? If so... whatdya attach to the 400+?