Mesa 400+ shock mount racks

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chic-chic, Jul 26, 2005.

1. chic-chic

May 1, 2005
    I need a 4 space shock mount rack for my mesa 400+. Purchasing the shock mount rack from mesa boogie would be nice but its totally out of the question~$500.00. Are there other 400+ users out there using a gator, road ready or skb? Any thoughts on durability or dependability of these different brands would be greatly appreciated. I tour alot and feel like my luck is running out by not having a proper shock mounted rack.

2. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Mine's in a Gator rack. I simply use a piece of packing foam sitting between the cabinet and the head when playing to dampen vibration.
  3. kalle74

Aug 27, 2004
    ask around for a quality plywood rack case. Many companies make them with or without suspension... A lot tougher and more durable than plastic racks that crack on impact. If you tour a lot, a good case will be worth the investment. Don´t skimp on it.
  4. natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Look for a Mesa rack used. I found a Mesa 12-space for $170 that was in great condition. I also have a 4-space Mesa that I may be willing to let go (since i no longer have my 400+). PM me if you'd like.
  5. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I found my SKB 4 space wasn't big enough and the amp ran hot. I got a great deal on a 5 space rack (well made plywood) from another TB'er, and it's been great.
  6. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    my new 400+ came with a 4 space gator shock case.

friggen thing is awesome.
  7. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I've bought several SUS-4 racks off of ebay. The cheapest 4U SUS-4 was $125. These are great racks!

8. I use the SKB for my +. It's pretty hefty to lug around but has held up well. One word... Handtruck. It's the older one with coiled cables instead of rubber. The cables are so stout that I really wonder how much shock protection the amp is getting. I can only move the amp slightly pressing real hard. I might try taking a coil or 2-3 out to offer some give. Has anyone ever tried this?
  9. woah, cheap as chips!
  10. mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    +1... Gator shock rack works over here... I was looking the other day at the possibility of adding some rear rack rails to the 400+... anyone do this? If so... whatdya attach to the 400+?