1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

mesa 400+ voltage conversion 240v

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by maaaaaaaaaaat, Aug 30, 2008.

1. maaaaaaaaaaat

maaaaaaaaaaat

Jul 9, 2007
    Looking for someone who has successfully converted a mesa 400+ from 110v - 240v, I have done plenty of searching but cant find a definite answer.
    im from Australia and have family in the states who can get me the amp a lot cheaper . They retail for close to $5000 Australian dollars so there is a huge saving!...any help would be great

cheers

mat

2. jetofuj

jetofuj

Jun 16, 2008
    PL
    I think that you can switch 400 for 230V but not 400+. I'm afraid that current Mesa amps are not convertible and you would have to change the whole transformer.

I've tried to ask this question directly to Mesa some time ago and I didn't get the answer. Maybe you can try to mail or phone them?

3. Yes it can be done- the tranny is tapped like on the 400.
    I have the schematics

4. jetofuj

jetofuj

Jun 16, 2008
    PL
    PM with request sent :)

Does anybody have scheme of Walkabout, M-Pulse or Big Block? I don't suppose, but that would be nice :)

5. Emailed you Kris.

AFAIK the 400+ is the exception to the rule. You're right- the other new Mesa amp transformers are not tapped for easy voltage conversion.

6. DanRJBrasil

DanRJBrasil

Jun 10, 2007
    get a 110 / 240 outboard transformer instead

7. my mesa 400+ was bought from the states and converted from 110v to 240v by a mesa engineer here in scotland with no problems whatsoever.

Do it, its a great amp.

8. bojan

bojan

Dec 1, 2006
    It can be done and it's quite simple - if You know what to do. I got the schematics from MESA (I e-mailed them) and a local tech did it in no-time. There are (literally) 3 wires and a fuse.

9. wizay

wizay

Mar 5, 2008
    Norway
    +1

10. Mute_Ant_Rick

Mute_Ant_Rick

Sep 16, 2007
    hi!

Could anyone of you send me the schematics for the conversion to 230V?

Thank you so much for support!

11. -1.