Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD Mesa 400+

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by JoshB, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

I got this head less than 2 weeks ago, but unfortunatly...I found out right away that it's just WAYYYYYY too much power for me. I can barely turn it to 1.5 on the master volume with my input volume at 5. The tone on this head is wonderful, but the volume is a problem since I primarily play at church nowadays.

I would love to trade this guy for another head + cash or just sell it outright for $800.

The amp has 3 month old tubes in it. The preamp tubes are Electro-harmonics and the power tubes are Sovteks. The amp will also come with the 4 original Mesa preamp tubes and one Mesa 6l6. The amp will ship double boxed.

Also, I will only ship this amp within the lower 48.

I will post pictures before the end of the weekend.

2. basey

basey

Jul 31, 2005
    Moline, Illinois
    The nice thing about that amp is that you can remove some power tubes and reduce the power. You just have to remember to adjust the ohms accordingly.
    just a thought.
    and a bump. :)

3. playmybass

playmybass

Mar 28, 2004
    Tucson, Az
    if only you posted this in two months. hopefully noone buys it :ninja: just playin, good luck man.

4. Kronde

Kronde

Feb 1, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    what kind of head are you looking for in trade?

5. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    How deep is the head? how deep of a rack would I need?

~M

6. kulasterol

kulasterol

Jul 17, 2003
    Check PM

7. another PM

8. JoshB

All pm's have been answered...

Kronde...I'm looking for something fairly light with a good amount of power...something like an aguilar AG500DC, GK 1001RBII, Ashdown's, Eden, etc.

Bassjunkie...it fits in a standard 4 space rack...not an effects rack. I don't know the actual measurement off hand.

9. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I have a Mesa 400 too, so I know what you mean by it being overbearing for certain gigs.

Interested in trading fo a new Ampeg B500DR?
    [​IMG]

10. JoshB

Thanks for all the offers guys...I just solidified a trade for an Aguilar AG500 that will be happening tomorrow. Sorry!

11. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Another 400+? You guys are killing me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.