1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mesa 4x10 RR- Worth how much?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Deano Destructo, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA.
    I have a 4x10 Road Ready cabinet loaded with EV's that I'm thinking of selling. It's in pretty excellent condition. A few scraches but no dents or serious damage. Anyone know what a good asking price would be? I'm considering selling it since I have 2 of them and that just seems like more than I'll ever need in the Seattle area (Its been sitting for a few months as a TV stand).:confused:

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Hasn't that wrecked holy heck with your TV? Seeing that you have all those unshielded magnets down there, I'd think that it would create a lot of problems.

As for price, I have one of these cabs also, and even though I don't use it much in light of the EA and Epifani gear that I have picked up, I just can't bring myself to sell mine. It's just the best sounding 4x10 that I have heard. But then, you do have two, and they are heavey...

I suppose I would call it "priceless", but I have seen others sell them in the $500 range. ;)

Tom.

3. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA.
    Well it did for al little while until I figured out what was causing the my TV to turn green:D . Its not a problem once you slide the TV far enough forward though. Still you haven't lived till youv'e been forced to watch the smurfs in "greeny vision".:rolleyes:

$500 seems about what I would expect to pay but I wasn't sure if this was a fair asking price or not. Thanx

4. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    NJ
    Yep, been there... putting the TV on top of my rack fixed the problem. ;) Next thing I need is some kind of rackmount pull-out drop-down flat screen thingie... with mobile satellite reciever... :rolleyes: