Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa 4x10 RR- Worth how much?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Deano Destructo, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I have a 4x10 Road Ready cabinet loaded with EV's that I'm thinking of selling. It's in pretty excellent condition. A few scraches but no dents or serious damage. Anyone know what a good asking price would be? I'm considering selling it since I have 2 of them and that just seems like more than I'll ever need in the Seattle area (Its been sitting for a few months as a TV stand).:confused:

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Hasn't that wrecked holy heck with your TV? Seeing that you have all those unshielded magnets down there, I'd think that it would create a lot of problems.

As for price, I have one of these cabs also, and even though I don't use it much in light of the EA and Epifani gear that I have picked up, I just can't bring myself to sell mine. It's just the best sounding 4x10 that I have heard. But then, you do have two, and they are heavey...

I suppose I would call it "priceless", but I have seen others sell them in the $500 range. ;)

Tom.

3. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well it did for al little while until I figured out what was causing the my TV to turn green:D . Its not a problem once you slide the TV far enough forward though. Still you haven't lived till youv'e been forced to watch the smurfs in "greeny vision".:rolleyes:

$500 seems about what I would expect to pay but I wasn't sure if this was a fair asking price or not. Thanx

4. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    NJ
    Yep, been there... putting the TV on top of my rack fixed the problem. ;) Next thing I need is some kind of rackmount pull-out drop-down flat screen thingie... with mobile satellite reciever... :rolleyes: