1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mesa 50 Cal+ 112 Combo

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by Texan, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast. Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Houston, TX
    I'm getting rid of gear that I don't use and as much as I LOVE this amp, I play it maybe twice yearly. This is the 50 watt, 6L6 driven Mesa 50 Cal+. This amp will power other cabs that are 4 or 8 ohms and will power 2-4x12's as long as the final load is 4 ohms. You can use the internal speaker and an 8 ohm extension, or just use the the amp as a head and use only external speakers, as kind as there us a 4 ohm final. The speaker was upgraded to the WGS ET65, which made the sound much fuller than the original Black Shadow, the cleans are crisp and the drive is killer. Before you ask, I do not have the Black Shadow any longer. The tubes have maybe 20 hours of use. The foot switch is homemade, the LED lights up for the channels, as the channel provides power for the LED but the EQ switch does not (mesa designed it this way). There are no issues at all with this amp. It will come in a basic Forge by Anvil case. I keep it in this case and use the case as a stand which works perfectly. [DEL]$625[/DEL] $525, I will split shipping with the buyer. The only thing that I would swap for would be a Lakland bass plus cash from me. If you are in Texas, I would be willing to try to meet half way depending on where you are.

IMAG0735.

IMAG0736.

IMAG0737.

IMAG0738.

IMAG0739.

2. Nomad5

Nomad5 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Dallas, Texas
    What part of Texas? I'm in DFW

3. Texan

Aug 15, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Southeast side of Houston

4. Nomad5

Nomad5 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Dallas, Texas
    Thanks - I was on my phone & the city didn't show up.

I have a couple of possible trade items....in case you're interested:

Glockenklang 410 Quattro 4 ohm - killer cab

Godin LGX-3 2-voice guitar (look them up - mine's mint)

Seagull Artist Series acoustic.

The various street prices are $600 for the cab, 750 for the godin & 650 for the seagull. Any one would be an equitable trade I think.

If you have any interest, I'm sure we could work something out. A friend of mine travels to Houston every week.
    cheers - all the best!

5. 76Dub

76Dub Guest

Jul 9, 2008
    Trade for a minty Lakland 55-01?

6. Texan

Aug 15, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Thanks, but I don't care for 5's..

7. Texan

Aug 15, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Thanks, but I'll pass...

8. Keithwah

Keithwah

Jan 7, 2011
    Milwaukee WI
    This is a great amp! I have had my 50Cal+ head for about 19 years and love it to death! Great clean tones and that famous saturated overdrive. $550 for the combo is a deal. This is a serious rig for any styles of music! I drive a pair of Vintage Fane loaded 4x12's with mine and it screams!

Good luck with the sale!

9. Texan

Aug 15, 2004
    Houston, TX
    UP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.