Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa 6x10 & M-pulse 600

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ferd315, Sep 25, 2003.

1. ferd315

ferd315

Sep 20, 2001
    Us, Fl, Tampa
    I was offered a Mesa 6x10, and an M-Pulse 600 head. I was told these new 6x10 cabs are made for really low tunning, due to the huge ports in the back. And the M- Pulse is good with the parametric eq. I am tuned to C and I often drop to A flat, and have my fifth tuned to G. Is this cab gonna be able to go that low? Right now i'm using an Ampeg 8x10, and the mesa freq. is rated lower than the Ampeg. The Ampeg is a sealed cab, so I am wondering if the ports are gonna make the cab loose the lows thump. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I've done back to back comparisons of the Ampeg 8x10, and the Boogie 6x10. The Boogie had much more low end. Blew the Ampeg away in terms of sheer low end. The Ampeg is a bit "rockier" though, which can be cool in a way. The Boogie was clearer, with a little bit less midrange. Ultimately your ears should be the judge.

The 6x10 would be alot easier to move though, no question.

3. ferd315

ferd315

Sep 20, 2001
    Us, Fl, Tampa
    The fact of ease of moving is enough for me to really consider the mesa. I have heard it before with a different tuning and it sounds great. As long as I dont loose the low end its gonna be mine. Thanks.