Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa 8x10 cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thirdeye, Jun 29, 2002.

1. I'm thinking about buying a new 8x10 Road Ready cab.Has anyone played through one?Any opinions and info would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

2. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Hard to find a bass cab that weighs more. If you're young with a strong back and have pals in the band who will help you load it and a truck to haul it, go for it. They sound great, especially with a 400+.

Personally, even though I love the way they sound, I'm selling off a bunch of Road Ready cabs because I just can't put up with the back pain to lift 'em anymore. With small, lightweight cabs like Epifani, Bergantino, etc. out there, I'm too old for a Road Ready Mesa these days. Sad, in a way. Because they have serious punch and bottom.

3. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    what are you selling off boogiebass? i may be interested. also, where in southern california are you located?

-steve

4. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    2x15, 2x10 and 1x18. All Road Ready with EV's. Oceanside.

5. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    thanks, but that's a little too far for me.

-steve

6. Tritone

Tritone Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    Hey Boogie,
    think twice before you sell those cabs bud...I sold my m-2000 and RR 2x10 and 4x10 a year ago and I regretted it ever since...just couldn't get the same sound....I actually bought the whole rig back for a bit less then I sold it for :) about 2 weeks ago...my point is that the RR cabs seem to have a unique punch to them that i couldn't get in any other cab,so try out a bunch before you sell 'em.

7. Tritone

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    and if you do decide to sell them, I got a Goliath III and a Bergantino 2x10 if you wanna work out a trade ;)

8. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Berg 210, now that sounds tasty. Let's take it to PM and see what we can work out, eh?

I agree about the sound of the Mesa cabs but I just can't load 'em these days! It pains me in more ways than one but I gotta get rid of 'em.

9. Tritone

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    sounds good BB i'll give ya a ring soon