1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mesa 8x10 cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thirdeye, Jun 29, 2002.

1. I'm thinking about buying a new 8x10 Road Ready cab.Has anyone played through one?Any opinions and info would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

2. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Hard to find a bass cab that weighs more. If you're young with a strong back and have pals in the band who will help you load it and a truck to haul it, go for it. They sound great, especially with a 400+.

Personally, even though I love the way they sound, I'm selling off a bunch of Road Ready cabs because I just can't put up with the back pain to lift 'em anymore. With small, lightweight cabs like Epifani, Bergantino, etc. out there, I'm too old for a Road Ready Mesa these days. Sad, in a way. Because they have serious punch and bottom.

3. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    what are you selling off boogiebass? i may be interested. also, where in southern california are you located?

-steve

4. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    2x15, 2x10 and 1x18. All Road Ready with EV's. Oceanside.

5. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    thanks, but that's a little too far for me.

-steve

6. Tritone

Tritone Gold Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    Hey Boogie,
    think twice before you sell those cabs bud...I sold my m-2000 and RR 2x10 and 4x10 a year ago and I regretted it ever since...just couldn't get the same sound....I actually bought the whole rig back for a bit less then I sold it for :) about 2 weeks ago...my point is that the RR cabs seem to have a unique punch to them that i couldn't get in any other cab,so try out a bunch before you sell 'em.

7. Tritone

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    and if you do decide to sell them, I got a Goliath III and a Bergantino 2x10 if you wanna work out a trade ;)

8. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Berg 210, now that sounds tasty. Let's take it to PM and see what we can work out, eh?

I agree about the sound of the Mesa cabs but I just can't load 'em these days! It pains me in more ways than one but I gotta get rid of 'em.

9. Tritone

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    sounds good BB i'll give ya a ring soon