1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mesa 8x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by J-Building, Apr 27, 2010.

1. J-Building

J-Building

Jan 1, 2009
  2. Definitely looks like a road ready cab. It almost looks like it's two 4x10 road ready cabs with a 8x10 road ready frame.

3. oh shnap! howdy neighbor!

4. J-Building

J-Building

Jan 1, 2009
    Do you think that's the case here? And howdy right back to you! Didn't think there were many of us TB'ers here in this area!

5. The earliest powerhouse 8x10's had two grills before they moved to the single 8x10 grill. It's definitely an 8x10, don't worry about it.

I wish there was someone in my area wanting to swap me one of these for my Ampeg fridge:scowl::spit:

6. nepee

nepee

Feb 23, 2010
    Montreal Canada
    I'd trade a ampeg 810 anytime ! I ever had a ampeg 810 but... it never sound like my 810 powerhouse ;)

7. nepee

nepee

Feb 23, 2010
    Montreal Canada
    ...And at this price, if everything work fine, that's a great deal !

8. Randall

Randall

Aug 6, 2009
    Canada.
    Buy it NOW:p.

9. jowens004

jowens004

Jul 25, 2009
    Windermere, FL
    The only reason I would hesitate is, that thing weighs almost as much as a Mazda Miata.

10. how much of a difference in weight between a road ready mesa 810 and an ampeg 810?

11. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    Mesa road ready is a good cab, I've played through many, just a little hefty that's all ;)

12. The weight betweenthe two is negligable; their dimentions are going to be nearly alike and at this size, there is no "bearhuggin" your amp to get it offthe ground.

Go with sound on this one

13. Yeah...I've been reading/researching road ready mesa 810 cabs. Does anyone know the exact dimensions of the cab? I read somewhere they are (H x W x D) 55" x 29" x 26" Can anyone verify? If this is true that cab is HUGE!