Mesa amp/cheap cab suggestions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by timidbassist, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Ok, so here it goes, please bear with me, i must explain everything otherwise you wont understand why i would want to do this... So i have someone interested in buying my Carvin R1000 amp, and RL 410 cab combo for a very good price, but i need to sell it to him soon or he wont pay me the same amouny he originaly offered. So i want to take the money i would get from him to put towards a Mesa half stack, however i cant be without my setup for very long so i couldnt get the money and save for a Mesa half stack so i was thinking of a solution. What if i were to buy a good Mesa amp that i would be able to afford right away, and get a cheaper cab for now until i can afford a Mesa cab, this way i got good money for my Carvin and im half way to a Mesa half stack. First is this a good idea? Second what is the best priced 410 cab out there that would sound decent with say a BB 750?
    Thanks in advance!
  2. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

You might want to check out the Avatar line.. I hear good things about them and are not too $$$ ...I have never heard them so I cannot comment on how they sound.. Good luck with your transaction...
  3. Loel

Loel Blazin' Acadian Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2004
    you might also want to check out dr.bass cabs,good stuff for the price.
  4. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
  5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    It seems like plenty of players have had good luck with Avatar, but two cab manufacturers whom I have tried and whom I heartily recommend are Dr. Bass and Low Down Sound.

And FWIW, I think that you would be happy for quite some time with cabs from either of these makers, powered by a quality Boogie head.
  6. Awesome, thanks alot for the help guys! The info was great. By the way i really like your quote Tom "Dont blame me, i didnt vote for him" lol