Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa Big Block and Powerhouse?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Aslan, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Aslan

Aslan

Sep 20, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Hi!
    I'm looking for some specs about the Mesa Boogie Big Block 750 and the Mesa Boogie Powerhouse 1000 (4x10"+15"). I can't find this info on their website.

How much power will the BB750 do at 4ohm?
    Freq range of the cab?
    Sensitivity?

What do you think about the combination? Is the power enough for metal at pretty large stages (up to 1000 people).I can't try before ordering it. It's a lot of money (but hopefully I'm working out some endorsment deal with my dealer). I like the 400+ anyway.

Thanks!

2. thelastofus

thelastofus Guest

Jul 3, 2002
    Bakersfield, Ca
    The big block sounds good, kinda like an impulse but a little simpler of a version. I owned a 400+ and a powerhouse 1000 and it was loud enough for anything. seriously. you will never need more volume. didn't like it enough though, didn't sound warm enough so that's why i bought an ampeg, but thinking about trading my svt classic and 8x10 for a 2000rb and some avatar cabs ,more versatile for what i'm looking to do. anyways, good luck with the endorsement deal. a friend of mine babysits for head from korn (we live in bakersfield) and he said that mesa wouldn't even hook them up, just give them like 10% off.

3. the 750 and Powerhouse 1000 should be an awesome combo. for a while I played on a Diesel Style RoadReady 1000 with a Carvin R1000 head and during that time it was the only time I constantly kept turning up too loud on accident. that thing was awesome. would have bought it if I could and if it didn't weigh in the ~170 pound range

as far I know Mesa doesn't give away gear to anyone but they do give some very helpful endorsements, it may not be a whole lot but anything helps :D