1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mesa BigBlock 750 or GK Fusion/GK2001RBII

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TheVoiceless, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Mesa Big Block 750

10 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. GK Fusion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. GK 2001 RBII

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TheVoiceless

TheVoiceless

Jun 11, 2008
    New Jersey
    Hey TB,

I currently own the GK 1001RB-II. I like this amp but am in the mood for some change and switching to an amp with a tube preamp possibly.

I have heard good things about the Mesa Big Block 750. But I have always wanted the GK2001RB-II.

In addition to trying a new amp head I am looking to switch my rig from 4x10 and a 1x15 too 2- 2x12's. Hoping it will give me a tight punchy sound while keeping the low end. I also have heard of phasing issue from mismatching speakers. I'm not sure how much of this is effecting my sound but I think it would be tighter.

I see a lot of posts with some company Fearful? I would most likely match the cab to the head but I am looking for some feedback from TB before I settle on that.

I also see that GK is now selling amps with Tube Pre called the Fusion series. Have these been compared to the Mesa stuff?

So what do you guys like?

2. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    The 750 is a beautifully toneful head, and I'm only speaking about the clean channel, which is super fat (like a Walkabout IME); the OD channel is another flavor entirely if you dig fur. Fearful is not a company, but a set of plans for a particularly well-conceived type of cab based on long-throw bass drivers and crossed over mid driver (+/- tweeter). You cna build it yourself or have someone else do it. I bought a "fearful type" design from LDS and it KILLS:p:p:p

3. TheVoiceless

TheVoiceless

Jun 11, 2008
    New Jersey
    Can anyone compare the OD in the GK2001 to the BigBlock 750?