Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa Boogie 1516B Cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mackerel, May 20, 2002.

1. I wanted to ask if anybody knows this one, apart from the specs, 1X15, 1X10, 2X6 + Tweeter?
    Is it a good one (sounding) and worth a buy for 400$?
    Is 400 Watts enough?

THX

2. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    I played through one once and it friggin' ROCKED!!!! At 400 bones don't waste ANY time. Jump on it. It is pretty heavy though, but buck up- you're a bass player, dammit!

3. incubus2432

incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    I wasn't too impressed with it when I tried one....I really wanted to like it too. I thought the 15 "overwhelmed" the other speakers. I think it would have sounded better with 2x10's and 1x6 along with the 1x15 BUT the one I looked at was a RR for $750 so maybe for $400 I would have liked it more. I love Mesa cabinets (thats what I use now) it was just that I thought the 1516 wasn't a balanced package. If you like it though....jump on it for $400.......
    ....and yes...400 watts should be plenty.

4. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    I layed it on its side and it completely shook the club. Ran it with a 400+ and THAT'S what made me love Boogie! $400.00 is a great price, though. If I saw it, I'd find a way to buy it.

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Excellent cab, well-worth the dough.

6. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
  7. Man! Tested, Loved and Bought!
    This are the best 400 bucks I ever payed.
    Now my two Ritter's can do what they ever wanted to!

Thank y'all for information!