Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa Boogie 1516B

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Galdal, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Hi everyone, I`m new here!! My name is Tore Galdal and lives in Oslo Norway.
    I play Bass in a ******** Band called ***** *****. We have our own uniqe style we like to call ,and fits our well, Black`n Roll Pop."Slayerpop". We mix Pop, rock, punk, 70-prog. and black metal. We are in the studio now for new demo and musicvideo.

But why I am here is because; I bought a old Mesa 1516b, had to change both 6" (couldn`t find rep-set for them) I have now Eminence. The 10" got rep-set. Haven`t done anything with the 15". The Bullet-horn is maybe broken or somethig, can`t say I can hear it. The cab is old, it has no info on the back, just one input and one switch, 3-ways.
    I don`t think there are no Crossover but shouldn`t it be??
    Does somebody out there have any info on these cabs? I use a Mesa 400+ head and the 1516b have some strange buzz at some frequense. What could this be?
    I also uses a Mesa 2x15 who kick ass :D

All the best!

Tore :)

2. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I've got a 1516B, and it does have a crossover on the back (three inputs for full range or biamping the upper and lower sections). Keep in mind that changing the speakers may alter the sound of the cab (because of the cabinets tuning).

I recommending finding identical EV replacements to the originals (or if you still have the originals, get them reconed).

It's a killer cab if you can get it working. One of the best Boogie ever made in my book.

3. Hi :)
    Sorry I posted it at the wrong place...hanks for helping me out!!

Tore

4. Okei, think that you might have a newer model.have seen them whit the three inputs...mine only got 1x input. what kinda crossover could i use..or what crossover are the orginal? Yeah, still got those 2 6", but don`t know were to get the recons.... maybe you know?

Thanx :)

5. Hi! I bought a old Mesa 1516b, had to change both 6" (couldn`t find rep-set for them) I have now Eminence. The 10" got rep-set. Haven`t done anything with the 15". The Bullet-horn is maybe broken or somethig, can`t say I can hear it. The cab is old, it has no info on the back, just one input and one switch, 3-ways. There is no info on the back of the cab..
    I don`t think there are no Crossover but shouldn`t it be?? and what kind?
    Does somebody out there have any info on these cabs? I use a Mesa 400+ head and the 1516B have some strange buzz at some frequense. What could this be?
    I also uses a Mesa 2x15 who kick ass

All the best!!! :hyper: :help:

Tore Galdal