Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

mesa boogie 1x10 & 2x6+horn cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sub forum, Feb 7, 2004.

1. sub forum

sub forum

Jan 2, 2004
    glasgow
    Has anyone got one? ,heard one? or played through one? i v'e managed to source one and intended to add it to my 1x15 boogie,but i was just wanting get some feedback first from anyone before i made a serious bid to buy :help:

2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I have never seen nor heard of such a thing. Perhaps you are talking about their Powerhouse Jr., which had 1x12 and 4x8s. SoComSurfing has two of those.

If it is as you describe, I would be very curious as to what you've come across (pics!).

3. Hmmm. I've seen one on ebay before....That's about it.

4. sub forum

sub forum

Jan 2, 2004
    glasgow
    its definitely a 1x10 2x6 +attenuator horn ,and probably late 80's or early 90's dont think its from the powerhouse series too old.

5. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Well, they did make a thing called a 1516be, which was a 1x10, 2x8, and a 15. Perhaps that is what it is... if not, grab it! Even if you don't like it I will buy it from you. :)

6. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Geeze, man. You do see that he's in Glasgow, right? I mean, I know you'll go to some extended lengths to get some of those Boogies, but c'mon. You've gotta draw the line somewhere! Remember...you have to hold out for a Powerhouse Jr. RR.
    Oh, and I missed out on that 1x18", BTW. Oh well.

7. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    Might this cab be the "sawed off" upper portion of an old 1516? If so, is it rewired correctly? If so, what is the resulting ohmage? If not... GRAB IT ANYWAY! :D

8. sub forum

sub forum

Jan 2, 2004
    glasgow
    thanks guys,i knew it was something obscure .im off to road test it and consider parting with the £399 to add it to my 1x15 boogie :hyper:

9. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    I own a 1516 and I'm pretty haapy of it.
    It sounds pretty similar to a 2x10+horn.

10. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I was kidding.... sort of.

I didn't get the 18 either. Powerhouse Jr first, 18 later.

11. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    If you have any pictures of this cab, please do share! I have a Powerhouse, Jr., and it is a nice match for my Boogie 4x10 (both Diesel series).

Tom.