1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Mesa Boogie 1X12 Walkabout Scout AND Mesa 1X12 Ext Cab, Dolly, & Cover

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Get_da_funk_Out, Jun 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Get_da_funk_Out

Get_da_funk_Out

Oct 1, 2009
    Recent job loss forces me to liquidate a lot of my gear.

Up for sale is my coveted Mesa Boogie 1X12 Walkabout Scout combo with additional Mesa 1X12 extension cab, Mesa dolly transport system (one one cab only) and Mesa cover (on one cab only).

Cabs are 4 Ohm and prior to my job loss my intention was to buy 8-ohm drivers from Mesa direct and make this my full time gigging rig as the tone is incredible; but times are tuff and I need to make sacrifices.
    I made custom removable metal grills that sit on top of cloth grilles as I have pets. You can remove them if not needed.

Selling for $900 for combo and $350 for ext cab PLUS actual shipping per quote based on your Zip Code. Prefer a local LA based sale, but will ship on your dime, not mine as UPS is a rip off.

Amp and cabs are in very good condition and work perfectly. Head has been upgraded by Mesa Hollywood With effects loop bypass and ground lift. Clean bill of health from Mesa.

PRODUCT SPECS:

Handbuilt in Petaluma, California

300 Watts @ 4 Ohms (165 @ 8), Simul-State™ Power / 6 Tube Driven Power MOSFET’s.

2x12AX7Active/Passive Input Switch 4 Stage Vacuum Tube Preamplifier featuring Gain, Active Bass & Treble, Passive Mid and a 3-Band Semi Parametric EQ that provides 15db of cut or boost from 30Hz
    to 12K Hz

Main Output Level Control

FX Loop w/True “Hard” Bypass Switch

Balanced Direct Line Output with Level Control & Ground Lift Switch

2 – 1/4” Speaker
    Outputs

Fan Cooled

Player Control™ Network featuring: Selectable 3-point Crossover (3k/4k/5k), Premium Horn Attenuator & Instant Reset Horn Protection

Black Bronco (standard) with Black Twisted Jute Grille

Slip Cover (one cab only)

Mesa transport system dolly (one cab only)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. WoodyJ

WoodyJ Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    PM sent on the Scout 12 extension cabinet

3. WoodyJ

WoodyJ Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Oops, I just noticed that the extension cabinet is a converted combo cabinet, not the factory one with the handle on the side and the 10" passive radiator. Please disregard my PM.

I apologize for not noticing this in the pics.

4. Get_da_funk_Out

Get_da_funk_Out

Oct 1, 2009
    Thank you anyway for the interest.

5. WoodyJ

WoodyJ Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    No problem, my bad for not looking closer. I really like the metal grill guard upgrade you did on these.

6. Get_da_funk_Out

Get_da_funk_Out

Oct 1, 2009
    The grilles come right off and the factory ones are still underneath. I have an exotic cat with big claws, so I wanted to protect my investment. Thanks!

7. WoodyJ

WoodyJ Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    If you end up selling the Scout combo without the extension speaker, I may still be interested later if the shipping isn't outrageous as $350 is a really good price.

The Mesa extension cabinets without the amp slot are VERY hard to find used...I've been looking for one for quite a while. I had a For Trade post up for awhile offering my Powerhouse 4x10 as an even trade for a Scout 15 extension cab in equal condition.

I believe the only real functional difference between the slotted and slotless Scout 12" cabs is the size of the passive radiator and that may not be a big deal since these cabinets are so "warm" anyway. I wish I had kept the one I had!

Anyway, good luck with the sale and sorry about the job situation. :(

8. aRandomAggie

aRandomAggie

Apr 5, 2011
    Houston
    PM Sent.

9. bretsvette

bretsvette

Jun 10, 2010
    Central Il
    bump for pictures of the cat! nice rig

10. Get_da_funk_Out

Get_da_funk_Out

Oct 1, 2009
    Walkabout Scout Combo is SOLD to aRandomAggie. Thank you Curt!

11. Get_da_funk_Out

Get_da_funk_Out

Oct 1, 2009
    Mesa extension cab sold to WoodyJ. Thanks! Thread now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.