1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mesa Boogie 210 cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tyme, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Tyme

Tyme

Oct 18, 2006
    Springfield, MA
    I just picked up a Mesa Boogie 210 cab last night, I couldn't pass this up for $60. I can't seem to find anything on the web with regards to this cab, which I though was odd. I do know that it is a 300 watt, 8ohm cab and that's it. Could anyone provide any more info on this cab? Any experiences, reviews, value...etc.

Attached Files:

2. Looks like the old Deisel model (similar to the old road ready cabs except for the "roadcase").

*Most* were loaded with EV speakers (two 16 ohm wired in parallel).

I have a RR2X10 and love it - great punch and mid definition.

P.S. - if it is functional, $60 is an absolute steal

3. Those Electro Voice speakers are very good

4. klejst

klejst

Oct 5, 2010
    Nebraska
    As Bass_Pounder mentioned it is indeed one of the older Deisel model 2x10 cabs. Perhaps Google "Mesa/Boogie Diesel 2x10 cabinet" or something along those lines. I had to recheck that price you mentioned too, if everyone works as it should you my man found a hell of a steal deal on that one!

5. Tyme

Tyme

Oct 18, 2006
    Springfield, MA
    Thanks guys. I'll include "diesel" in my search. Yes, everything works as it should!

6. solidmaui78

solidmaui78

May 30, 2011
    I have this cab and its great... I use a SWR SM-500 with it and love the tones that i get from this combo. Good find

7. Alex1984

Alex1984

Jan 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    That doesn't really look like EVs from this picture, are the cones glittery? Have you looked at the basket?

8. Looks like the BP102 derived ones in my SWR. Rock it out. Don't send it too much sub 80Hz.

9. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I too had this cab for a while.Great tone... Basis speakers, I think
    I'll have to look for my old literature
    heavy sucka
    The horn (Eden?)Didn't seem to like my GK800RB I had at the time, so kept my Hartke 410XL which worked better with that head, although I think the head was faulty as it turned out!

Tolex tore very easily, which is why I prefer rat fur :bag:

http://www.bgra.net/reviews/mesaboogie-diesel210-2-rvw.html