1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mesa Boogie 400+ Bass Pot Problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 311fan, Dec 28, 2006.

1. 311fan

311fan

Jul 20, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Ok, I did some researching and couldn't find an answer.

I just bought a Bass 400+. The Bass Pull Shift pot was broken off by the previous owner. So my question is this, how hard would it be to replace the pot myself? And if I do it myself, what pot would I need? If I have it done by a pro, how much would it run me? Would I have to ship it to Mesa Boogie or can any amp repair man do it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Mike

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    If the 400+ is anything like the Buster, the pots are connected to the circuit board with flying leads making it very easy of someone who knows how to solder to replace it themselves.

I'd recommend that you call Mesa and ask if they'd sell you the part (and probably the knob).

If you do repair it yourself, make sure the amp is unplugged and has been off for a while. The power supply can store lethal amounts of electricity.

3. timv

timv

Jun 7, 2000
    Chandler, AZ
    In the bass 400+ the pots are mounted to a circuit board. To do it right, the circuit board needs to be removed to get to the solder pads on the other side, it isn't extremely hard to do but if you aren't familiar working on amps and don't have good soldering skills, it is best to leave it to a tech, those pads come off really easy and then you would have to run jumper wires to hook it back up.