Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa Boogie 400+ FS/FT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by cheezewiz, Jan 22, 2006.

1. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I have a very good condition Mesa 400+ for sale/trade. It is racked in a short Gator case with extra drilled ventilation holes. It is equipped with Electro Harmonix 12AX7 EH preamp tubes, and Reflektor/Svetlana power tubes, that are less than a year old.
    Also included will be the original Mesa Boogie tubes. This is an absolutely killer sounding all tube amplifier. The weight isn't "too" bad for a tube amp, I'd guess in the 55 lb area racked.
    The only reason I'm selling is my needs have changed due to taking a new gig with a different band, and I'm looking to go smaller/lighter.

I am asking $800 plus shipping and would consider trades (partial or full..based on the value of the trade) for:

EA Iamp 800
    Thunderfunk 550
    A preamp/poweramp setup
    Alembic F1X
    Demeter VTBP201
    Demeter HBP1
    Kern IP777
    QSC , Crown or Crest poweramps (Lightweight only)
    Eden WT550
    Eden stereo head (bridgable into 4 ohms)
    Eden Navigator
    Read Purity

Go ahead and inquire on other trades of amps or preamps, the list above is not all inclusive. I'm not interested in Kustom Groovebass or any other "budget" gear.

The Mesa will be shipped well packed, with the tubes removed and shipped seperately. (I'll pay shipping on the tubes)

PM or email delturco@earthlink.net

As you can see from the pics, the original owner rigged up the gator rack with two metal braces on the rear, so the amp is supported in the rack from the front and the rear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Bump for pics added.

3. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
  4. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    One day I will have to get one of these monstrosities.

5. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Geewhiz, Cheezewiz! Just when I was thinking of going the all tube route to see what all the hub bub was all about. Man I just don't have the cash or the proper trade bait. QSC RMX,(heavey)/BMax.

Bump for a cool dude anyways...

6. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Bump for a great amp and a great seller.

Tom.

7. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Thanks for the bumps and kind words fellas! I consumated a deal this afternoon.

8. FireBug

FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    Houston
    If it falls through, would you have any interest in an M-Pulse 360?

9. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I appreciate the offer firebug, but that would be less power than I'm looking for.

10. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    How about for this? it's definitely not less power.

[​IMG]

11. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Guys, the amp is already traded. It's no longer available.