1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mesa Boogie 400+ & Ric O sound stereo Kit, how does it work?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Galdal, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Hi everyone!

I tried to search for info for using both channel on the Mesa Boogie 400+ amp. I have order the ric o sound stereo kit for my Ric bass and wounder if anybody have used this so both channel are working. I know I`ve read about it someplace here but can`t find it now.

so...is it is ok for the mesa head to have both channel running??

Hope you can help me!

All the best :bassist:

www.myspace.com/lydialaska

True Norwegian Black `n` Roll Pop :D

2. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    No reason at all that wouldn't work. I always used both channels on my Mesa by using a Y cable.

3. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    +1 I think it sounds much better when both channels are driven. Just remember this is not a two channel power amp just a two channel pre-amp and that the rick-o-sound kit just splits the output sending one pickup signal to one channel and the other to a second. You will want to experiment to see which pre amp channel sounds better through which pre-amp channel. Hope this helps

4. Ok yeah I was thinking about e. g. runing the treble pickup trough channel 1 and bass pickup trough channel 2. then I can adjust both pickups with the voulme 1 & 2. Maybe have flanger or other effects on one of the pickups. can I do that???

All the best

5. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

That's how I'd do it. You could put effects in line between the treble pickup and channel one.

6. Cool, I look forward to try this out. wounder how it will sound with my Budda Phatbass on one of the pickups. Am I able to mix clean bass and treble ovdrive?? I understand it won`t be like Bi-amping..but..in another way?

I hope you understand my Norwegian-English:D