Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MESA/Boogie 400

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MrJBass, Jul 26, 2000.

1. MrJBass

MrJBass

Apr 3, 2000
    Massachusetts
    I just bought a Boogie 400 last week, and the thing plays like a dream. Before that, I only had a 50 watt Peavy MicroBass and a Crate BX 160. Needless to say, its a big step up. When I brought it home, though, I noticed a high-pitched whine that sounded almost like feedback, but I don't think it's feedback. When I turn the fan to low, the noise gets quieter, when I turn the fan off, the sound dissappears. The noise isn't loud enough that it cuts through, my signal from my bass, in fact, the only time I notice is when I'm playing at low volume, or when I'm not actually hitting notes. Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. B.Hendrix

B.Hendrix

Mar 24, 2000
    Atlanta, GA
    You might try emailing Joris (see the "Tech questions? Ask me" thread) Also, Psycho Bass Guy is a guru on these tubes amps, but I haven't seen him around in a while.

Hope that helps! I demo'd a Mesa 400+ and fell in love, just can't afford one right now especially since we found out we have another "bundle of joy" on the way! [​IMG]

Good luck!

Bob

3. B.Hendrix

B.Hendrix

Mar 24, 2000
    Atlanta, GA
    Forgot to add this - I hear Mesa has great customer service. You might try going to their website and sending them an email. http://www.mesaboogie.com

Let us know how it works out!

4. MrJBass

MrJBass

Apr 3, 2000
    Massachusetts
    Thanx for the advice, B Hendrix, and good luck with your new toy too. [​IMG]