Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

mesa boogie 6x10 cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by andrew, Sep 4, 2000.

1. andrew

andrew Supporting Member

May 20, 2000
    Vancouver BC/Pacific Northwest
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Spector, Regenerate Guitar Works, Tech 21 NYC
    hey,
    does anyone have any experience with these cabs? i havn't found anything on them online, and i can't access their website, so i'm really in the dark on this one. if anyone can offer me anything i'd be grateful, especially if they come in 8 ohms or not, if they're efficient and how they might compare to other cabs out there (like the swr 6x10, or the ampeg 8x10, etc.)
    thanks!

2. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    I've been using a mesa-boogie 6x10 since feb of this year. I LOVE it! The tone depth and quality of construction are tops. It is extremely heavy so make sure you can get help moving it if you gig much, and the casters are an extreme pain in the neck to take off and on, but overall i recommend it highly.

3. andrew

andrew Supporting Member

May 20, 2000
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Spector, Regenerate Guitar Works, Tech 21 NYC
    hey brewer9,
    thanks for the response. do you know exactly how heavy it is and it's dimensions? what amp do you use it with?
    thanks in advance if you can help with any of this.

4. Well all I got out of their webpage was this:

=6x10 Deep=
    • 900 Watt
    • Basis EVM Speakers
    • HF Driver
    • Tuned & Rear Ported
    • Casters
    • 4 Ohm

A quick look in their catalogue didnt offer anything more to add, Im afradid :(

Maybe that will help you some? Hope so.

5. andrew

andrew Supporting Member

May 20, 2000
    hey mesaman,
    yeah, that's a great help, thanks.

6. andrew

andrew Supporting Member

May 20, 2000
    i just spoke to mesa, and the 6x10 is 181 lbs. !!!
    wow, that's a lotta cab. but they've been discontinued, so if anyone wants one, go out looking now. they'll shortly become hard to come by.

7. Yeah, it's a well-built, great sounding cab, but what a
    back-breaking beast!