1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Mesa Boogie Basis M2000

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by BCook, May 22, 2018.

1. BCook

BCook Supporting Member

Price:
    $600
    Fantastic bass head, perfect for anyone who wants the ability to dial in a nearly infinite amount of different tones to fit your venue or project. 600 watts, dual preamps that can be simultaneous and blended, onboard compression, etc, etc. This thing can really do anything you want it to do. Details here: MESA/Boogie®
    These can be a little hard to find, and especially so with the foot pedal, which is included (and is awesome to have, very convenient switching and muting). It's killing me to list this bad boy, but I just don't need this kind of power for the projects I do any longer.
    $600 shipped CONUS.
    IMG_0976. IMG_0977. IMG_0980 (2). IMG_0982. IMG_0983(1).

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Red Planet, kbakerde and mikewalker like this.
  2. russellh86

russellh86

Oct 11, 2014
    Killer deal on a sick head!

GLWS!

BCook likes this.
  3. bhoff5150

bhoff5150 Supporting Member

I gigged one of these pretty much through all of the 90's and the first half of the 2000's. Great head, and brings back a lot of memories seeing this. The footpedal is nice to have. I dialed in a massive bottom on one of the settings and used to kick it in momentarily just to make the sound guy look up (I was immature back then I guess....)

eff-clef, Red Planet and BCook like this.
  4. BCook

BCook Supporting Member

Live the dream again, my friend, and make some new memories/shock-faced sound guys!! It can be yours!

Red Planet likes this.
  5. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    I use one of these hard to find amps as my main gigging amp and I really do believe it's the most versatile amp ever made. The amount of sound shaping capability with all the knobs, sliders and switches controlling carefully rmengineered circuits is incredible. The onbiard compression is amazing for live playing.

Good price on this, too. I have no stake in this ad, but I always notice when one of these comes up for sale and want to see them go to an appreciative home.

BCook likes this.
  6. BCook

BCook Supporting Member

Thanks bro. Yes, it really is a great head. I do/did a pretty wide range of projects, from folk tunes to straight up metal, and have always been able to find a great tone that fit very well. I’m only looking to move off of it because I’ve downsized to a Mesa Walkabout with only a very occasional extension cab (funny how I’ve come all the way back around to combo amps).
    Any TB’ers here that are playing even medium sized stage shows, you need to take a look, and if you’re in the Detroit area come try it out!

7. hbarcat

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    The M-2000 stands out from most other amps in the fact that you have instant access to either the tube or the solid state preamp path - or both paths blended together. I use this in live settings all the time by setting up two completely different tones and switching between them on the fly with the footswitch. After getting used to all the possibilities, I can now choose between 5 or more different sounds (all at the same volume) just by tapping the footswitch.

MegaSwing and BCook like this.
  8. MegaSwing

MegaSwing Your Obedient Bassist® Gold Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2002
    Baltimore, MD USA
    This is a wonderful amp, loaded with features, musical as hell, and loud enough to hear on the moon. To give you some idea, this was a $1700 amp in the 90s—and worth every penny. IMO, it's one of the best bass amps ever made by anyone. In fact, I'm over here talking to myself. GLWTS!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    BCook likes this.
  9. BCook

BCook Supporting Member

Thanks brother!! Yes, this amp has served me very well, and deserves a good new home that will give it the workouts it deserves and can handle.

10. JJR58

JJR58 Dirty Bird Supporting Member

I would have already snatched this up if i had the dough.

nibs208 likes this.
  11. hbarcat

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    I can't believe this hasn't sold yet.

12. looper

looper Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    MPLS
    I had an M-2000 for a while and really enjoyed it, wide tonal palate, knob twiddler heaven!

13. BCook

BCook Supporting Member

Sold locally