Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

mesa boogie bass 400+ and 2 ampeg SVT-410hlf

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Chrisdroogies, Oct 4, 2003.

1. Chrisdroogies

Chrisdroogies

Aug 22, 2003
    Hello

I would like to know if you have already heard this setup before. Somebody say to me that's seting sound very punchy and defined. It's the kind of sound i'm looking for.

tanx !!
    Chris

2. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    I've never heard that specific rig before... But that should be a beast. Why not go for the Ampeg SVT-810?? j/w...

3. Chrisdroogies

Chrisdroogies

Aug 22, 2003
    It's just too heavy for me. The most I can move his a 4x10 with lo frequency cavities as eden xlt and ampeg hlf. I can't move a 6 or 8x10....it's about 150 to 200 lbs. A 4x10 is about 80 to 130 lbs. The Edens and Mesa 4x10s look interresting too.

4. StingrayKid21

StingrayKid21 Holding down the low-end since 1996.

Oct 7, 2001
    Portland, OR
    That setup would be pretty sweet... I haven't played much through a 400+ but I have a 410HLF and it's a nice cab. You aren't planning on stacking the two 410's though, are you? That stack would be really tall.. good luck getting that heavy amp up on top of the cabs if you do... haha. My amp rack weighs about 90lbs and I have to have help hoisting it up on top of my BXT410HLF and 115 cause the cab stack is about chin level on me. Good luck and let us know how it sounds if you decide to try it!!

--Justin

5. StingrayKid21

StingrayKid21 Holding down the low-end since 1996.

Oct 7, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Hey, I just noticed your newest post... you might look into the SVT610HLF, it really doesn't weigh too much more than the SVT410HLF. Actually, according to Ampegs website the 410hlf weighs in at 110lbs and the 610hlf is only 115lbs. Wowee.. Ampeg now has a SVT412HE... interesting. Anyway, good luck!

--justin

6. Chrisdroogies

Chrisdroogies

Aug 22, 2003
    you're right ....the 6x10hlf weight 115lbs...that's something to consider. I don't know If the bass 400+ can drive 2 off them. That's the same impedance (2ohms total) but it's 1200W RMS to drive. Yes he can handle it but will he push the cabs on their top? I' m saying this but maybe he can handle 2 810..... ?:p

7. That rig would KILL.

Go for it!

8. I don't know about the Ampegs, but the Bergantino NV610 sounds awesome with the 400+. I have both. Also Mesa EV loaded cabs sound great with the 400+, good hunting.

9. Chrisdroogies

Chrisdroogies

Aug 22, 2003
    I know I want a 400+ but find cabs for that beast may be more hard I was tinking. The best way to find the match I will prefer is to try the stock in a music store but I like to know comments from users.

tanks guys
    chris