1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Mesa Boogie Bass 400+ Detroit Area

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by elamenopee, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elamenopee

elamenopee Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Fraser, MI
    Always thought I would be buried with this thing.
    You know what it is, most know what it does, but few have experienced this much warm, tube goodness. This Mesa Boogie 400+ IS a workhorse. It was MY main workhorse from March 2004 till January 2012. Defiantly not in mint condition, yet she was very much loved and cared for. It was given a fresh tune-up and retubed with twelve 5881 Sovtek in early 2011. I was going to use it as a backup, but it doesn’t seem right just leaving it in the basement to get dusty.

Love isn’t too strong of a word for the 400+. But you know how it goes. You start drifting apart, things start to get awkward, she seems to be getting heavier, and then she finds you with another amp even though it really didn’t mean anything at the time… Anyway…

Like I said in the title, I’m in the Detroit area (48225) and would prefer pick-up. No one ever wants to ship or actually pay for the shipping on these, but if that is the case I’ll draw a map, pull the tubes and ship them separate. So two boxes for an additional ship rate of $85.00
    I’ve satisfied all my G.A.S. (for the moment) so I’m not looking for any trades. $875 w/o shipping and this could be new to you.
    I’ll be happy to answer any other questions you may have, but because of my day job, it may take me a few hours to get back to you.

Attached Files:

2. elamenopee

Feb 26, 2004
    Fraser, MI
    And one more of the goods inside.

Attached Files:

3. AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Detroit Metro, MI USA
    Bump for a Detroiter with a killer bass amp! Wish I needed it.

4. Awesome! amp never had the pleasure to own one though. Maybe got close with my m-2000 basis. wish i still lived in coldwater for things like this instead of florida! wish the tigers didnt piss me off as often as they do still too. GLWTS.

5. elamenopee

Feb 26, 2004
    Fraser, MI
    Tips & Tricks Bump:

One of the great things that you can do with the 400+, is to use both channels at once. You can split your signal and run one channel completely clean and the other with all your effects. That way, no matter what type of effect you’re using, you will always have the pure bass in the band mix. Let face it, there are quite a few pedals that sound amazing in your bedroom, but make you invisible when playing with the whole band. By using both channels, it opens you up to using those cheaper or guitar type pedals that would normally kill your low end. And more importantly, have them sound much better than they should. I resurrected a couple pedals out of the eBay/broken dreams pile after figuring out this trick.

I liked this so much, before retiring this amp, I had to have Max @ [sfx] create me one of his MIX pedals to duplicate the setup.

6. elamenopee

Feb 26, 2004
    Fraser, MI
    Holiday Bump

7. elamenopee

Feb 26, 2004
    Fraser, MI
    Pending Sale.

8. FenderLove

FenderLove Banned

Sep 7, 2012
    Wow, I've seen two of these posted. Very nice amp. Should be gone by now. ;)

9. elamenopee

Feb 26, 2004
    Fraser, MI
    ...And she's off to her new home in Ann Arbor.
    Treat her well Kkapalla and enjoy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.