Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Groovehunter, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Groovehunter

Dec 3, 2004
    can someone please tell me what fuses are best to put in the front on the boogie bass 400+s? I popped one tonight before I was due to go onstage and need to replace it tomorrow before the next show. Thanks very much guys Id appreciate a quick reponse if possible!!

2. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    If I remember right, it's a 6.25 amp glass fuse? I went to an electronics parts store (NOT Radio Shack) to get mine. Check you local listings.
  3. Sidecar666

Mar 27, 2004
    Most fuses will say right on it which amp rating they are. Or are you asking what brand of fuse?
  4. I could be wrong, but i remember reading a thread like this that was going on about long and short burn fuses or something in a mes 400 + :confused:
  5. rugrat

Nov 12, 2003
    Northwest Illinois
    You need an 8 amp slo-blo fuse.
  6. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    What rugrat said, you can buy a whole pack of them at Radio Shack for like 6 bucks.
  7. mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Ditto... that's where I got mine, pops right into the 400+.
  8. Groovehunter

Dec 3, 2004
    Well thats cool. But I tried replacing the fuse and it won't power up at all now. Hmm. Seems a short of some kind has caused this. Anyone got any similar experiences they want to share with me? Im gonna have to take the amp to a tech and get it checked out. Im presuming an electrical short has been caused by the board touching the chassis or something like that..... I hate it when things like this happen!!!

Any extra info would be much appreciated.

9. have you tried independantly using the pre or power amp sections (if you can, im not too knowledgable about the 400+ )

It would help isolate the problem
  10. Groovehunter

Dec 3, 2004
    No, I haven#t been able to do even that because the main power won't switch on, i.e. the unit doesn't power up at all, no light etc. Hmm... I hate it when this happens lol.
  11. That fuse is there for your safety. If the amp doesn't power up after it was replaced, chances are something VERY bad happened in your amp. Don't mess with it. Let a tech sort it out.
  12. this one time at band rehersal, I shoved a flute...?! :eek: :eek: err I mean my fuse blew and took out an output tube with it, or the tube blew and then the fuse, whatever. I replaced the tube and fuse, but upon powering up it kept on blowing fuses. Out of a bundle of 7 or 8 fuses the 1st 3 I tried were already bung. Have you only tried 1 fuse?? Maybe you just had a dud like I had...? Just a thought...
  13. Groovehunter

Dec 3, 2004
    yeah thats what I thought. Something seriousish is probably wrong and only a tech can sort it so it'll be nice to find out what the issue is and what caused it. Hopefully it won't be too damaging on the funds!

thanks all...