1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Mesa/Boogie Bass 400+: NOW SHIPPING

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by BassManPatsFan, Apr 19, 2015.

1. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    Price:
    For sale is a Mesa/Boggie Bass 400+ in excellent condition. This is the second 400+ I've owned and I've played several and this one is by far in the best condition I've ever seen.

The serial number on this puppy is B2793. It's from the late 90's if I recall correctly, but as you can see from the pictures, it's in impeccable condition. I got rid of the stock Mesa head case a while back because it was heavy and awkward, but the amp comes with a beautiful 5U rack case from Thon (Thomann's in-house brand--$150 value) that fits it perfectly. This amp needs a lot of ventilation to run, hence why I bought a 5 space rack, so that there's plenty of room for airflow. The case is a nice reddish/dark brown color and comes with heavy duty corner pieces, heavy duty butterfly latches and spring-loaded handles on either side. Also included is a 1 space vented cover for the extra rack space.

For those not familiar with the 400+, it's one of the most classic and sought-after all tube bass amps in history. Mesa doesn't produce them anymore, but there's a sizable contingent of bass players on TB and out in the real world who still swear by them. Unlike many of the 400+'s all tube contemporaries, this amp is relatively light at around 50 pounds (without a case). It also has many more features than other tube amps of the time, such as 2 channels with independent preamps, a 7 band graphic eq, DI out, etc. For more info, check out the Mesa website: MESA/Boogie®

I've owned the amp for over a year and have kept it in a case that entire time. Recently, I had the amp in with Craig at Powerage in Oakland for a full check up. He replaced the preamp tubes and everything is in full working order. The amp has been gigged 6-8 times since I've owned it, but has never been played at volumes that would put any undue stress on the tubes or transformer. I've been told by some sound guys that the DI is really hot on this amp, so I'm including a -20 db barrel pad from Whirlwind that I've used with it before.

$930 local, shipping in the U.S. At an additional charge. Please PM me if you're interested or have any questions.

FullSizeRender 6. FullSizeRender 2. FullSizeRender 4. FullSizeRender 5. FullSizeRender 7. FullSizeRender 8. FullSizeRender 11.

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  2. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Excellent deal, bordering on a steal. Whoever takes advantage of this is gonna love it. A real icon.

BassManPatsFan likes this.
  3. MaccaMan1964

MaccaMan1964 Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Moved to Miami
    Ugh...Have craved one of these...bought a Prodigy. Hmmm. Maybe sell that and buy this!

4. BassManPatsFan

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    I've never played a prodigy, but from what I've heard, they're quite different amps.

5. BassManPatsFan

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    On hold! Bump.

...and sold.

Last edited: May 6, 2015