Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa Boogie Bass Buster 200 Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by azsfcsh, Mar 18, 2006.

1. azsfcsh

azsfcsh

May 31, 2005
    Gilbert Arizona
    Hi, i found one of these for sell at a local Guitar Center, but its used. They have it listed for $650, and its just the head, no combo. I was wondering if i should ask them if they would lower the price at all? I was planing on doing this anyways, but what price do you think i should aim for? Ive searched for info on this head on this forum, and others said that they have bought the combo version from GC for around $500. Also, i will be doing a trade in for this. Im thinking of selling my Eden Nemesis NC410 combo. I paid $650 for this brand new, but they sell it at muscians friend for about $1000. So i should get about the same price back that i paid for it, only then going to be traded for the Mesa. Im just wondering what people think about this, and if its a good idea? Or should i hold out? Thanks.

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    The head should probabally go for around $500 I think. I think you could get maybe $100 out of the deal possibly. If you like how the Mesa sounds, go for it!

3. been there. the head was incredibly bright sounding, even through a 2x15 cab. very difficult to dial in a good sound. Tone shaping with this amp is non-intuitive. Very loud, though.

4. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Can't speak for the Buster, but I find my Mesa 400+ quite variable in tone. It can achieve many sounds, and its also fairly easy to dial in once you get the hang of it. It can be bright as day or dark as night.