Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa Boogie Bass

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Asswipe, Jul 22, 2001.

1. Asswipe

Asswipe

Jun 17, 2001
    Is there anywhere on the net that carries Mesa Boogie amps
    for u to order,b/c there is no where around where i live that carries them in stores.

2. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Mesa/Boogie prohibits the sale of any of its amplifiers or speakers cabinets via the internet or mail order. You might try looking for some used Mesa stuff online, but you should first check out the dealer list at www.mesaboogie.com. If you find that there really are no dealers near you, your best bet would be to deal with Mesa/Boogie directly. Don't worry too much about having to pay the manufacturer's suggested retail price, because Mesa strictly regulates the prices at which dealers are allowed to sell their new equipment so that they are very similar to the MSRPs.

3. miktit

miktit Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2001
    Denmark
    Aren't there anywhere you can get'em used?

I bought my 400+ used for about half the retail price, and I think it sounds better than the new ones.

Mikkel Tiedt - Denmark

4. Lovin Bass

Lovin Bass

Feb 8, 2002
    Los Angeles
    E String sums it up well...

I called up Guitar Center trying to locate a 400+ and they quoted me $1399 new. On the same day I called up Mesa boogie and they told me the list price was $1399. There are no retail discounts on Mesa Boogie. If the list price of a SWR is $1399, you will pay around $1000 at the dealer but if a Mesa Boogie list price is $1399, you will pay $1399.
    No wheelin & dealin with Mesa Boogie!

Do keep your eyes peeled for used Mesa Boogie on EBAY or some other classified listing.
    If not, then go to the MB website and find a dealer that will be willing to ship to you.