1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mesa/Boogie Big Block 750 or Titan V12?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SoyMilkHero, Apr 25, 2009.

1. SoyMilkHero

SoyMilkHero

Apr 24, 2009
    I've been thinking of buying a new amp but i can't identify the real differences other than a second channel between the 750 and the v12 which isn't much use to me. Does anyone have any suggestions on which would be a better pick?

Thank you

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Here's how I see it. The V12 has 2 channels, ALOT of knobs, and runs full steam at 4 ohms. The BB750 has one channel, much simpler front end, and runs full steam at 2 ohms. My ideal Mesa amp would be the front panel of the 750, with the power of the V12, and either 2 or 4 ohm min. Unless you already have two 4 ohm cabs, or plan on buying them soon, the V12 is the better choice, unless all those knobs are a problem.

3. In Absentia

In Absentia

Jul 5, 2008
    Yeah, those knobs shouldn't scare anybody. It is a pretty intuitive setup. It didn't take me anytime whatsoever to come up with some really great tones.

4. SoyMilkHero

SoyMilkHero

Apr 24, 2009
    Ok. Thanks alot, i guess i'll get the v12. Much appreciated!

5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I think you'll be mighty happy with that head. If circumstances were a little different, I would have bought a Titan over my 6Pro, but that's life. And I do love the 6Pro anyway. Congrats.

6. Racermech

Racermech

Apr 10, 2007
    I am just selling a Big Block on ebay and I have totally loved it, but don't need something quite so big anymore. Looking back, I wish I would have held out for the Titan. I got the BB750 right before the Titan came out and I have seen a trend with Mesa Bass products as of late.

They release a cool new amp, then a year later they release a more powerful, decked out amp using the same preamp. Examples being...

M-pulse 360 then Mpulse 600
    Big Block 750 then Titan v12
    M6 Carbine then M9 Carbine

It is cool that they make upgraded versions, but I am realizing that it kills the resale value of the lower grade amps. But, oh well. Big block and Titan have an amazing sound and just kill it.