Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa/Boogie Buster Bass 200 2x10" Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LWatford, Sep 22, 2004.

1. LWatford

LWatford

Jul 28, 2001
    Helena, AL
    Any thoughts? There's one at a local shop that is pretty tempting. They also have the Traynor YBA200 setup for about $100 more (completely different rigs I know). The Mesa seems like it could be ideal, very small (realativly), a good bit of tube power, etc.

Does anyone own one? How have you used it? Any thoughts? Good points? Bad things? Etc.

Thanks,
    lee

2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Haven't played one but if it's anything like a M-Pulse in tone range..uh...I believe the word I'd use is "sexy" :)

3. When it comes to sound the Buster outperforms the YBA by miles, difference like day and night.
    But check the tubes often; I had several local gigs where I used this combo, and even though I'm a pretty darn cautious driver, some tubes came loose, or let your tech install some beter security to hold the tubes in place.

4. BigRed

BigRed

Apr 1, 2004
    Palestine, TX
    I had a Buster Bass 200 head (not the 210 combo) and it was awesome. TONS of power. When I did run it through a 210, it sounded good. And it looks hot!!!

5. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Which one is it? The straight front or the wedge?

6. LWatford

LWatford

Jul 28, 2001
    Helena, AL

its the wedge