1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mesa/Boogie Buster Bass 200 2x10" Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LWatford, Sep 22, 2004.

1. LWatford

LWatford

Jul 28, 2001
    Helena, AL
    Any thoughts? There's one at a local shop that is pretty tempting. They also have the Traynor YBA200 setup for about $100 more (completely different rigs I know). The Mesa seems like it could be ideal, very small (realativly), a good bit of tube power, etc.

Does anyone own one? How have you used it? Any thoughts? Good points? Bad things? Etc.

Thanks,
    lee

2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Haven't played one but if it's anything like a M-Pulse in tone range..uh...I believe the word I'd use is "sexy" :)

3. When it comes to sound the Buster outperforms the YBA by miles, difference like day and night.
    But check the tubes often; I had several local gigs where I used this combo, and even though I'm a pretty darn cautious driver, some tubes came loose, or let your tech install some beter security to hold the tubes in place.

4. BigRed

BigRed

Apr 1, 2004
    Palestine, TX
    I had a Buster Bass 200 head (not the 210 combo) and it was awesome. TONS of power. When I did run it through a 210, it sounded good. And it looks hot!!!

5. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Which one is it? The straight front or the wedge?

6. LWatford

LWatford

Jul 28, 2001
    Helena, AL

its the wedge