1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mesa Boogie Buster/Schroeder 1210 combo

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by richst, Aug 7, 2012.

1. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    I need to move this. I just had it completely retubed and gone through. It sounds warm and smooth. You can get some grit but this is a really clean sounding amp. It reminds me a lot of my old dual showman which was my all time fav for bass. No strange noises and friggen loud. I just don't need this much rig for my wedding band so I bought another scout combo and case for that. If I can't sell this at my asking...........$800 plus shipping then I'll sell the scout in a brand new road case and keep the Buster.

BTW, it sounds awesome. It comes in a road case that fits it very well but wasn't made for it. There is a 1" gap on either side of the amp (needs more foam) but snug back to front and top to bottom. Case is kinda beat but very sturdy. The combo needs a cover for the amp front made to make it look super nice but the head fit so perfectly in the Schroeder that I bought it without the headcase just for this project. It has Fender style tiltback legs too.

Here are some pics after I mounted the head. You can see the case underneath but I can take more pics. Heavy duty road case with nice big casters.

Only trades I'm looking for are an Empress comp or similar plus cash. No basses PLEASE!!

Attached Files:

2. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    cool tilt back legs. Local deal would be sweet!!

Attached Files:

3. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Well I'll be...that's really neat!

4. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    It's a fat, smooth amp with a very fast, hi fi sounding cab. Pretty sweet combo. Tube lovers, this is it. Come get it quick or else pay $300 more for the Scout in a new anvil case. One of them has to go. Just bought a new vehicle.

5. levis76

levis76 Seconds from getting ba...

Apr 14, 2007
    Metro Detroit
    That is a really nice setup. Instead of a solid cover though, I would get some speaker grill material, not unlike what is already on the Schroeder. That way you still get good airflow, but more importantly you'll still be able to see them babies glow from the front. :cool:

I currently rock a not so similar custom combo setup of an old Mesa Basis M-2000 that I mounted in a Mesa Carbine 212 combo. I yanked the Carbine :)spit:) and popped the M-2000 in there. Still 600W, but now it's a much more tonally flexible 600W.

6. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    I had one of those a while back. It probably is the most flexible boogie head ever made. I use 1 sound from the amp and get the rest from my bass and pedals these days. Absolutely, the cover should be vented. I bought some grill cloth but have not done it yet. BTW, this price does not include a grill cover unless I get frisky and make one soon. It does, however, include the Schroeder covers which have velcro. I never used them cuz this was always in the case. Also, I doubt the front cover will fit with the Boogie head in it. I also have the rack hardware that I'll include if you ever want to change it back to an airhead. The wood mounts would need some reconfiguring because I had to make some cuts to fit the Buster head in but fits like it was made for it.

7. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Shoot me a realistic offer. I would love to move this.:hyper:

8. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Wow. I'm sure this is heavier-than-hell but probably sounds AMAZING. Sweet head/cab combination..........

9. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    It is kinda heavy but if you want tubes that's the deal. I never had to lug it myself cuz the cartage guys took care of that. I would say its around 70-80 lbs. without the case. I have used it on a few gigs since I sent the scout to the warehouse and it's not that bad. I bet the buster 115 combo weighs more cuz the Schroeder cab is pretty light without an amp in it. It's slow for me right now and I could use the cash. Make me an offer.

10. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Yeah. I have a Schroeder 1210 (non airhead) and it's not bad, weight-wise. This is probably the best way to try a Buster.... Schroeder makes amazing cabs.
    I'd be all over it if I didn't already have a 1210 + Genz Benz Streamliner 900

11. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Jeez! I guess times are tough for everyone. I'll tell you what. I'll deliver it within 200 miles for free. This is kiler deal! I'm taking quite a hit.

12. hennessybass

hennessybass

Oct 11, 2008
    Houston, TX
    sending you a PM.

13. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Anyone? This combo really sounds great and ready for the road.

14. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Giving you a bump.. Someone buy this please!!!

15. Man I wish I could justify this!!

16. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    TTT

17. Woah, that is awesome. Too bad I don't need it, I'm broke, and I live in Minnesota... Someone buy this! I guarantee it sounds amazing!

18. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    I hear ya. My finances look like they are turning around. I'll leave this up for a while longer but it may stay.

19. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Listed it you know where. Still no takers but plenty of tire kickers. obo......:help:

20. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    $750??:bag::bag: