Mesa Boogie Cabs whats up

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by geddyfan, Mar 19, 2002.

1. I played through a couple of deisel 4-10 cabs ar 2 different dealers both of them said they were over 1 yr in the shop.Whats up.I thought they sounded pretty good.
  2. cronus

cronus Guest

Jan 17, 2002
    Romulus, Michigan
    mesa/boogie does make some good quality amps i heard, i havent got to play one yet though
  3. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    I currently own a Diesel 210 and I used to have a Road Ready 15. They are some of the best sounding and well constructed pieces of gear I have ever seen. No discount if they want to keep the line, though. Great stuff and great customer service as well if you ever need it.
  4. I think alot of people are scared off by the prices of Boogie gear. They sound great,but there are alot of cheaper things out there that sound good too. Boogie doesn't always sell well in smaller markets. And Boogie doesn't have the mystigue in bass gear like they do with guitar amps. Not to say they aren't great amps,they just don't have the name like SWR,Eden,etc. But they do have a very loyal following. They seem to appeal mostly to people who are fans of the classic,tube amp sound. And alot of guys are going with more of a hi-fi sound now.
    That's just my take on it. I don't know if it makes sense or helps any. :confused:
  5. I can pick that cab up for 200.00 off list. The dealer isn't a boogie dealer anymoreI'm goin for it.I returned my firebass head and got a nemisis na 600 it sounds awesome through that cab.Maybe a bit of a mismatch.An old schooltype cab with a more hifi type head but i sounds very good together.
  6. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    Smart choice. If you can find a deal like that, then by all means grab it! As far as Hi-Fi, check out the M2000. You can't get much more Hi-Fi than that. The 400+ was my dream amp until I decided to do the preamp/ power amp thing. I bought my 210 from a dealer that had lost the line, had problems with one of the speakers, and they sent me a speaker and THEN the warranty card! As I said; Great company.
  7. Sounds like a great deal. I would definitely jump on it. They are a great company and built top quality stuff. I almost bought a Diesel 210. It sounded awesome. You can't go wrong with Boogie.
  8. BTW-Nemesis is great stuff too. I bet that head will smoke through that cab. Let us know how it sounds when you get it home.
  9. Go for it man...I have a diesel/roadready rig right now and both cabs i bought used...
    I play a newer more versatile head thru them (Carvin R-1000) but my cabs are where the fatness comes from:p And there are nothing but great deals on these older mesa cabs because alot of people havent heard of this older gear, and therefore dont give it a shot. I got my diesel 4x10 in perfect working order, for only $100.00 (Looooong story...) Then I just got a roadready 1x15 (from the diesel years) at a shop for only $300 bucks marked down from 400 because nobody would check it out...Jump on it man. How much is it actually going to cost you?

This gear can take a beating, deliver amazing sound, and it comes generally cheap. Just be ready to lift a bit of gear;)

Let me know how that goes...
  10. i'm glad to see hat people are standing up for the boogie bass gear.i have read over and over about eden this, swr that and while these are certainly viable and fine products, let's just call it out. they don't have the balls and warmth and soul that the mesa gear has. ihave an mpulse 360 that i run through a1x15 boogie cab and this is just an incredible setup for me. awesome defined low end with an adjustable horn that enables me to dial in just the right amount of clear, high frequencies. this is my first mesa rig and after playing it side by side with all the "biggies" it gave me far more of what i wanted and needed.. i'm so happy with this rig... there's my take, everyone have a great day...