Mesa-Boogie Customer Support = A1

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dee Wurthy, Nov 28, 2003.

1. This is the first time I have ever recieved an email response from any company ever. As a result from a post here at TB a few days ago I emailed Mesa about putting some of the dimensions, weights, stats on their cabinets, heads, ect...I also asked about replacing a couple of missing EQ knobs for my M-2000.

Heres the email:
    -------------------------------------------------Hey Dustin! We are working on getting a complete list of weights and
    dimensions compiled. We run into the obstace of time, since there are 3 of us
    here in customer service. We do not always have the items in stock that are
    not on the current list, and frequently when we do have them being built, we
    do not have the resource of time to go and weight them before they are
    packaged and shipped out. It leaves a lot of semi- finished projects on our
    task list, but these will (eventually) get done.

I can fax over to you a copy of the list that we do have, or photocopy and
    mail it to you. (It's currently not in a format that can be transmitted by

How many of the EQ sliders do you need? (Please reference part number 588540
    so I can remember exactly what you need) I'll mail you what you need- comp.
    There is an order form attached- fill out the address & phone number portion,
    so I will have your correct address to send them to. Don't worry about or
    fill in the payment info. We'll cover them.

Thanks, Michael

===== Original Message from "Dustin Dilworth" <>
    11/24/03 1:24 pm
    >If there is a way possible that you could put the dimensions and
    >weights of
    your products on the website, I (and many, many, others) would be very
    >While I'm at it, is there a way that I could purchase a couple
    knobs for the EQ sections on my Mesa M-2000? (I understand if this is
    not the
    appropriate place to ask this...But I figure it can not hurt to try...)
    >Thank You Very Much,
    >Dustin Dilworth

I'll post those stats as soon as I get them.
  2. bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    I bought a NOS Mesa Buster Bass combo on eBay... and when I got it, it was making wierd noises and the tubes were glowing in a weird way. Called Mesa, described the problems, and the service rep immediately said, "sounds like bad tubes... I'll send you a set of power tubes and while I'm at it, a set of preamp tubes too."

*gulp* I thought! That's SIX 6L6 power tubes and THREE 12AX7 preamp tubes! I asked, "what will that cost me?" The rep said, "oh, it's free! kinda like a welcome to the Mesa Boogie family deal."

Now THAT'S the way to create brand loyalty! My hat's off to Mesa for knowing how important their customers are!
  3. It's always nice to hear when a company does the right thing... way to go Mesa!
  4. Fantastic service for me as well. Sent me mnay "perks" over the years, always useful stuff like a couple of pairs of power tubes, fuses, t-shirts stickers, etc. Best thing was always their very helpful advice for whatever my paticular "issue" might have been. I was able to get the designer of my last rig (M-2000) on the phone a few times who offered up a few interesting tweaks to help make the rig more suited to my needs. Great folk IMO.
  5. Wow, all new tubes for free. Now that is freakin impressive.
  6. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Although I don't use their bass gear anymore, Mesa customer service was always top-notch for me. Personal, responsive, timely and technically right on the money. A1 is right!
  7. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Why not?
  8. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Doesn't suit my sonic preferences these days. But I have nothing but good things to say about the Road Ready cabs and the 400+, in particular.