Mesa/ Boogie D-180 $525 shipped

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by bassteban, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Recently bought from TBer natrab(for the same price), checked out & cleaned at The Tweed Hut in Vacaville, California. A sweet(and quite loud)all-tube, 180watt, designed for bass AND guitar mini-monster, I'm just fickle. Goin' solid state(no offense to anyone). PM w/email addy for pics.
  2. natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Sorry to see it wasn't your thing. It's a great amp if you like that Mesa tube sound.

I've still got one of these along with a Traynor Custom Special, else I'd take it back from you.
  3. Yeah, I'm swingin' in the opposite direction :eek: not like THAT, mind you(no offense to anyone please :bag: )right now- solid-state, super-clean, dare I say it- *hi-fi*. Ugh- I disdain that term. Ah, well. Live, learn, GAS....
    Thanks again Nate!
  4. Not here, but thank you all anyway. Now... what to buy... :rollno: <---- wife's reaction.
  5. natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    That went quick.

Anyways, there's a sale on Acoustic Image amps right now at Gollihur. Maybe you should try a Focus (which is my main amp). Ultra-clear sound, very hifi, plus it's the size of a cigar box and weighs 4 lbs.

I still love that tube sound, and I'm glad that I'm able to keep my D-180, but in comparison my Focus is much more versatile and portable and it gets used 90% of the time now.
  6. I had 6 people after that thing- I spent more time emailing everyone who DIDN'T get it than w/the guy who did! As for a replacement, I was lured into a deal(I think)on an Eden CXC-110. $629 shipped, no tax, for a blem- whaddya think? I figure it will easily whoop up on the Hartke Kickback 12(which is just adequate)I use for DB & small gigs. If not, I should be able to unload it fairly quickly. Thanks for the tip, though.