1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mesa/ Boogie D-180 $525 shipped

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by bassteban, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Recently bought from TBer natrab(for the same price), checked out & cleaned at The Tweed Hut in Vacaville, California. A sweet(and quite loud)all-tube, 180watt, designed for bass AND guitar mini-monster, I'm just fickle. Goin' solid state(no offense to anyone). PM w/email addy for pics.

2. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Sorry to see it wasn't your thing. It's a great amp if you like that Mesa tube sound.

I've still got one of these along with a Traynor Custom Special, else I'd take it back from you.

3. Yeah, I'm swingin' in the opposite direction :eek: not like THAT, mind you(no offense to anyone please :bag: )right now- solid-state, super-clean, dare I say it- *hi-fi*. Ugh- I disdain that term. Ah, well. Live, learn, GAS....
    Thanks again Nate!
    Steve

4. Not here, but thank you all anyway. Now... what to buy... :rollno: <---- wife's reaction.

5. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    That went quick.

Anyways, there's a sale on Acoustic Image amps right now at Gollihur. Maybe you should try a Focus (which is my main amp). Ultra-clear sound, very hifi, plus it's the size of a cigar box and weighs 4 lbs.

I still love that tube sound, and I'm glad that I'm able to keep my D-180, but in comparison my Focus is much more versatile and portable and it gets used 90% of the time now.

6. I had 6 people after that thing- I spent more time emailing everyone who DIDN'T get it than w/the guy who did! As for a replacement, I was lured into a deal(I think)on an Eden CXC-110. $629 shipped, no tax, for a blem- whaddya think? I figure it will easily whoop up on the Hartke Kickback 12(which is just adequate)I use for DB & small gigs. If not, I should be able to unload it fairly quickly. Thanks for the tip, though.