Mesa Boogie D-180

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dirty Road Cola, May 14, 2003.

1. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    Holy Crap!
    I just got this amp from a bass gear deal for stupid money and I gotta kicks! It's ear bleedingly loud and whoa, I know understand what you tube guys are talking about when you talk "smooth". The overdrive tones from the 1st channel are disgusting thanks to the cascading gain's a tad microphonic (due to the way the volume set up works and UPS goonery) but dang, it's jawsome!

Hopefully it'll stay that makes all my basses sound good..

If anyone is lookin for a Fafner, I think I might be selling one soon! Gotta see how the D-180 does with the band..

2. stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    awesome! i used a d180 for a while and liked it a lot. the overdrive you get with that amp is unreal. i find it works very well in a band setting. my bandmates all commented on how full and ballsy my rig sounded. i sold it to get a bass 400 though because i wanted a little more clean headroom.

3. mthoople

Nov 1, 2001
    Denver, CO

Good to see you posting here! There has been quite a bit of discussion here lately on the D-180. Do a search to find some of the threads. When I bought that one, I couldn't find very much useful information. Now it seems like everyone has one!

Again, glad you like it and hope it serves you well,

4. tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    I had one of those years ago. It did sound great. Mine was a little cantankerous though (Read: Moody). I wound up selling it, which was a most regrettable move on my part. I am glad you are really happy with the D-180. Ta for now.