1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Mesa Boogie Diesel 115 / TL606 Cabs, EVM15-L, $225 each $400 both

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Christopher DBG, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Christopher DBG

Christopher DBG Commercial User

May 18, 2015
    Westerly, RI
    Luthier/Owner, Christopher Bass Guitar (former username: smithcreek)
    Price:
    $250
    $225 each or $400 for both. Both are 8 ohm, 400 watts. Both are ElectroVoice designed TL-606 cabinets with recently reconed EVM 15-L speakers. Local sale only. I'm in RI, so the RI/CT/MA area.

Bottom cab is a Mesa Boogie Diesel 1 x 15. Very good condition with some minor scrapes to the tolex here and there which can be seen in the second picture. It has casters and comes with the original Mesa Boogie steel grate grille and the modern Mesa style black grille with grey piping.

I am a luthier/woodworker and built the top cabinet with baltic birch plywood, high quality hardware and heavy duty tolex. In like new condition.

These cabs have a warm but not overpowering bass, along with clear, not harsh mid-range that cuts like a knife. The most modern sounding "old school" cabs ever made. Great if you want to hear and feel the bass without overpowering a band.

DSC04369.JPG DSC04370.JPG DSC04371.JPG DSC04372.JPG DSC04373.JPG DSC04375.JPG

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    WoodyJ, donahue and punchclock like this.
  2. asands

asands Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Troy Missouri
    I have a pair of TL606s (not nearly as nicely built as yours) and you are right. These just kill as a pair. Will keep up with a fridge and great tone. If I were closer I’d consider adding these to the stable. GLWTS!

smithcreek likes this.
  3. weight and dimensions of each?

4. Christopher DBG

Christopher DBG Commercial User

May 18, 2015
    Westerly, RI
    Luthier/Owner, Christopher Bass Guitar (former username: smithcreek)
    Pretty sure they are over 60 lbs. each, I don't have a scale. 24" tall, 19" wide, 17" deep

5. benthos

benthos

May 6, 2018
    Hi, the pair still available? Thanks