Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa/Boogie extension cab....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by christos, Mar 6, 2001.

1. Thinking of putting a Powerhouse Jr. with my Buster 200 Combo.....Anyone have any suggestions? or experience with this? I have the Buster 200 15" combo.......

2. I am not sure what the lowest impedence those busters can handle. Check it out, and if you can add another cab and not go below the amps lowest impedence capability, then go for it. Hope this helps.

Pete

3. My friend has the 2x10 wedge version of the buster combo and it was loud enough to start with. I tried it again with an 18 under it and the sound was just crushing. Just louder and deeper. If you want another cabinet, then go for it! Too bad Mesa Boogie is discontinuing the buster series.

4. My fiance' is here saying "you boys and your toys", but I was thinking of adding the 2x10", or the Powerhouse Jr.:D The PJ is a single 12" with 4x8" in the corners.......I think if it has the juice, it would be slammin......

What my fiance' doesn't know is that this week I got an $80 a week raise and I will get my profit-sharing check from work for about $500 extra after tax all this week.........I am going shopping!!!!!

5. I have the same amp, and I have an Ampeg 1x15 I put underneath it. The sound is awesome. I seem to remember Mesa making a 1x15 extension made specifically for the Buster. You may be able to find one of those somewhere cheap.

6. Two 15" 's What about the mids? Would that still work?

7. Plenty of mids. The Buster has a horn covering all that high stuff. I have no problem getting the sound I want, but then again, I really don't care about anything over 4 kHz anyway. I play rock and roll, and never slap anything unless it's misbehaving. Believe me, everything comes through loud and clear.

8. CHRISTOS, maybe ill try a few other mesa cabs under my 1x15 buster. ill let you know the results. i got a 2x10 diesel and a 4x10 diesel and a1x15 diesel.........