Mesa/Boogie Hollywood Store Online

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Low Key, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Low Key

Low Key Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Chicago
    I did some searches on this, but I was curious what people thought of ordering directly from Mesa Boogie's Hollywood store vs. just going through Sweetwater, MusiciansFriend, etc. Price-wise, they are the same and both offer free shipping. However ....

With something like Sweetwater, I know I'm going to get good customer service, a 30 day return policy, and another level of tech support.

With Mesa/Boogie, I will presumably be more directly connected to the manufacturer for repairs, product resolution, resolving any issues, etc. At least that's my perception.

Any strong opinions? Or is it "6 of one, half dozen of the other"?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  2. Low Key

Low Key Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Chicago
    Just thought I'd bump once to see if there is opinion here.

3. zmebass76

zmebass76 Makin' bass faces since '92... Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Port Neches, Tx

I ordered my Mesa Boogie Traditional Powerhouse 4x10 cabs from PitBull, an independent Mesa dealer, but I order stuff like slip cases, caster holders, etc., directly from Boogie. You're fine either way. If you can find used Mesa gear from Guitar Center or Musicians Friend, etc, they usually offer a 30-45 day return policy, so if you don't like it or it's inoperable, you can return it for a full refund. It's really up to you though. Mesa does recommend that you buy from their independent dealers though, to support local businesses. Just some food for thought.

Low Key likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021