1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 600

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pshep68, Sep 11, 2008.

1. pshep68

pshep68

Sep 21, 2006
    Has anyone played through a Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 600? Can you give me your thoughs?

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Sure. It's a popular head, very clean, yet warm. Very loud. Has that Mesa sound, though all their amps are different. What exactly are you looking for?

3. pshep68

pshep68

Sep 21, 2006
    We play Classic rock. I want warmer than Eden ... not as warm as Ampeg.

4. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Ken - It's time to put on your cape & fly into this thread!

5. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    I use an MPulse600 and can say with some certainty that it will offer a warmer sound than the Eden gear that I have used in provided backlines. It will growl some, but is a fairly clean animal as far as tone goes. If you get one, watch not to push the Mid control too hard, as it has a not so great effect on the overall tone.

I have not reguarly used Ampeg gear in ages .. like since about '78, so I could not really offer an up to date view. My memory says that the Mesa is going to be much cleaner and certainly will not have that distinctive Ampeg mids/upper mids driven tone. The Mesa MPulse has far more EQing, and feature switching options too ... EQ, Compression, Solo channel.

Ken Jung will probably be along soon to offer his more up to date, and detailed viewpoints on this topic too.

Good luck

6. :) I've posted so much on the Mesa heads that I'm going to have to just suggest that the OP search and find them all if he's interested. I have a review thread on the 600 somewhere that lot's of guys posted on, so lot's of information there.

I have too much ink on that head out there at this point:D