Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa Boogie M Pulse Venture 1X15 combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kraig99, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Does anyone have any experience with this combo? The websites says it has 600 watts and a tube preamp, so it should be somewhat loud. But is it that loud or is this another case of a setup that has very high wattage and high impedance (like I'm told Carvins frequently do) and are not actually that loud? How does this combo sound? Also, how much do they usually cost? Thanks for the help!

2. BUMP!!!
    anyone?:)

3. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    I played through one at a crowded GC, and it was great, sounded just like the m-pulse 600, but i thought there was a 4x10 in the cab?

4. There's several versions. The other combo type is a 2X10.

5. Chazinroch

Chazinroch

Feb 2, 2003
    Ontario N.Y.
    I just picked up the 2 X 10 version of the Venture Pulse. It's everything they say it is. Killer tone, plenty of volume and headroom, plenty of features. I love the EQ,compressor, and foot switching system. Built like a tank. My SWR stuff will be sold and/or regulated to the practice room. The only negatives is that Mesa does not recommend using an extension cab less than 8 ohms. So if you want to add another cabinet you will lose some of the power. Sounds great as is and handles a low B just fine. Beware, this kid is heavy (I'm guessing about 90 lbs).

6. As a self contained unit it should be putting out 300 watts into 8ohms... if you add another 8 ohm speaker cab it would be putting out 600 watts into 4 ohms. The long and short of it is that if you add an 8 ohm cab you won't be loosing any power.

7. nick g.

nick g. Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Chandler, Arizona
    I tried the 2 x 10 version at GC, and it was definitely an excellent amp. I loved its tone to pieces, and the sh*t was LOUD at 1.

8. Chazinroch

Chazinroch

Feb 2, 2003
    Ontario N.Y.
    As a self contained unit it should be putting out 300 watts into 8ohms... if you add another 8 ohm speaker cab it would be putting out 600 watts into 4 ohms. The long and short of it is that if you add an 8 ohm cab you won't be loosing any power.
    Just got of the phone with Mesa to confirm wattage and ohm load. The Venture combo 2X10 is 4 ohms, so it's putting out 600 watts. Putting an extension cab of 4 ohms would bring it down to 2 ohms, or an 8 ohm cab would bring it down to about 2.66 (I think). Neither is recommended for extended high volume situations. Amp has pleanty of juice without the added cab. Amp does have a slave out if you want to daisy-chain another rig.