Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa Boogie M-Pulse

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Torcik, Jan 29, 2001.

1. Torcik

Torcik

Dec 28, 2000
    Hi everyone!
    I'm a new talkbasser from Poland [no Polish jokes, please ;-) ] and I'm going to buy my first bass head. I like Mesa a lot, they make great amps. I saw their new M-Pulse 600 on Mesa webpage, but dont't know what the price is. Anybody know something about this amp (and price - U.S. Talkbassers, could you check it out)?
    PS. I recently swiched to bass from guitar (played over 9 years) and now I have my beloved '72 Jazzbas. Mostly play oldschool funk, disco, house and reggae.
    Thank you for your help!
    BTW This site is really great!!!!

2. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

Boy, ya' caught me snoozin' on that one. I went to the Mesa site and sure enough,
    there was the "new" M-Pulse 360 and 600. They look to be a hybrid with a
    multi-stage tube preamp and a mosfet power section. That's about all I know about `em.
    ( http://mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Bass_Amps/bass_power.html )
    They were probably at NAMM so you may wanna' check with a T/B'r who was there -
    (moderator) John Turner for instance. Soon, I bet you'll see some threads pitting
    the Mesa against the new Aguilar hybrid :) .

I noticed they don't list the "Buster" series anymore :( . Or the 6x10" cab for that matter.
    I've got the Buster head-only version. It's 200 watts, all-tube. Loud AND Fast.
    I guess I'll just hold on to that li'l doggie ;) .

3. I know a U.S distributer that will probably be able to ship MESA/BOOGIE products to you.......Their website is http://www.magdonmusic.com I know these guys went to NAMM because I have talked to them since..... This is the only MESA/BOOGIE dealer I know within about 250 miles from my house, luckily they are 10 minutes up the road from me.......

4. JimM

JimM

Jan 13, 2000
    Northern California
    The M-pulse 360 lists for $999.00 US,the 600 is $1299.00.I heard about these babies at my Mesa dealer back in Dec,but they cant give me an ETA on them.The guy said 'the best I can tell you is sometime during the next calender year.'
    And now you tell me Aguilar has a new hybrid!

I can't decide whether to get an Ampeg SVT3Pro and get it over with,or hold out for a mesa.