1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mesa Boogie m2000

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dereksilloway, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Has anyone ever played one of these? Is $800 to much. What are opinions.

2. fishtx

fishtx

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    I've heard great things about the M2000...I've seen a couple of used ones go for just under a grand...so I think thats a decent price...

3. WOW! Thanks for all the links. I guess thats why they have the search feature. Feel a little stupid but thank you. I have a chance to get a used one with very limited time on it for a good price and its looking more and more like im going to love this head.

4. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    I bought a Mesa M-2000 this past winter from a TBer for close to $800 and I LOVE it. It's worth way more than that to me especially since they don't make them anymore and not many people who have one are willing to part with them.

Just buy the thing, and on the off chance that you don't like it (maybe you're a commie or something) you can always resell it for what you paid.

5. I can for sure say I am not a commie and I did buy it. and I absolutely love it. Ive only had it for a week but it is by far the best amp ive ever owned and I love the foot switch. This head is lovely, so versatile and I can get so many different sounds out of it. Im a big fan of the tube section. I have a feeling I will not be getting rid of this anytime soon.

6. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    That "commie" gibe was just a joke (but I forgot to put the little smilie in:D ).

Anyway, congratulations and I hope you like yours as much as I like mine.:bassist:

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM........Mesa Boogie!

7. Very cool head... LOUD and very, very high quality. If you can somehow find the old Bass Player review, there is actually a ton of info about the EQ center points, etc. that isn't in the manual. It's a very useful thing to have if you are an owner of that head.

The only thing I didn't like about that head, and one of the few negatives in the otherwise very positive Bass Player review, was that the SS channel is quite dark sounding, even with the upper mids and treble boosted... not sure why they did that. Of course, mixing in the sparkle of the tube channel fixed that with no problem, but I never was able to get a tone I was happy with from the SS channel solo'd. Not big deal though... great piece of gear, and a 'tone tweakers' dream!

I ended up selling mine since I ran the amp pretty much flat with both pre's balanced evenly... it got a little embarrassing with those 100 or so unused tone controls:D

8. That "commie" gibe was just a joke (but I forgot to put the little smilie in ).

Thats cool dude I know it was a joke. I didnt take any offense. What is the "SS" channel you are refering too KJung? And thanks for the tidbit about the bass player review. Ill try to find that. And I am a tone tweaker so me an this head should get along wonderfully.

10. M2000 is the ONLY amp I would NEVER think twice to buy. I havent found any used here in Europe and since its discontinued I cant buy new either. Get did and dont look back! :)

11. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    Whee I got one! So here's a gratuitous post from a "tone tweaker." :D

12. four2oh

four2oh

Mar 29, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    after like a year of thinking my tube section on M2000 was broke and not having the time to fix it (i use SABDDI->DI->PA when gigging), i finally removed the lid, and viola! suddenly working again.. stupid lid! yay now i can get back to "tone tweaking" on the M2000 again!

13. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    420- your profile says that you own a sysnsonics bass. Awesome. My first guitar of any sort was a synsonics. JC Penney catalog, man!

Anyway, I downloaded the manual and set it up to the "instant gratification" demo settings, and was, well, intsantly gratified. It is rocking through my Genz Benz 212.

I'm definitely curious about anyone's eq settings secrets. The most amazing thing that I'm finding is the crossover equipped effects loop. Wow. Too bad I traded a couple hundred bux worth of gadgets towards buying the amp! :/

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 15, 2021