1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mesa Boogie M9 carbine footswitch question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by elamenopee, Jul 27, 2012.

1. elamenopee

elamenopee Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Fraser, MI
    I emailed this question to Mesa Boogie the other day. I've heard they're a little slow getting back to emailers, so I thought I would post it here too.

"I like using your footswitch mute when preforming live, but I never switch up the EQ.
    The switch has a large footprint and takes up a good amount of space on my small pedal board.
    My question is...
    Is there and item that you sell (or could point me to) that would only have the one mute switch, at a smaller size, that would still work with the M9?"

2. Primakurtz

Primakurtz Registered Nihilist Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    I was just pondering this very question yesterday. I suspect the tip of the TRS plug switches the mute, and the sleeve does the EQ. So, are there TS plugs that don't short the ring area? There must be something better than electrical tape...

3. elamenopee

elamenopee Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Fraser, MI
    Got my response from mesa if anyone else is interested.

"Hello there, Thanks for your email.
    I suppose you could have a custom single button f/s made, although it is not something we would offer.
    The MUTE is the RING of the TRS, so you would need to have a box that was wired as such, still using a stereo (TRS) cable."

I'm personally thinking of just moving my tuning pedal to an end position on the board and calling it a day.