1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mesa Boogie Mark II B - Blonde Combo

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by mikopita, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikopita

mikopita Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2007
    Florida
    I have a 1981 Mesa Boogie Mark II B combo amp that I am looking to sell or trade.

Blonde Tolex
    Wheat Grill
    Original Celestion (I remember reading the serial number chart which I cannot find at this time, that said this is a black shadow... I could however be incorrect. Somebody feel free to let me know if you are more knowledgeable in what it is. Serial # 67-8122)
    60 Watts
    Groove Tubes Power Tubes (not much use)
    Reverb
    Effects Loop
    Footswitch (aftermarket but directly from mesa).

It's seen a fair amount of use and was toured up and down the eastern coast for many years. The tolex and the grillcloth both look well used, but is only really tearing in one small spot on the back. There are a couple of dings, but all in all it's in decent shape. Oxdation affected the corners and handle. I had a tech a few years back go through it and said that the inside was in good shape (I personally haven't taken it apart since I got it, so I cannot be certain). The power cord was changed to a 3-prong, and I believe I remember him telling me that he replaced a couple of the caps along with the push/pull pot for the gain boost. It plays great and is seriously LOUD! One of the shock-mounts is missing, but other than that it is all original and has serious mojo! It sounds unbelievable with a Tele. I waffled for a long time on whether or not to keep this based on my decision to send it off to Mesa and have them upgrade it with a better effects loop, and a graphic eq (plus a full overhaul). I have opted instead, to sell it. However, for those interested in getting this thing up to serious smoking condition, it would only be around $400.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trades? I'm Looking for a Peavey Classic 50 4x10 or similar, or fender 1x12 or 2x12 styled guitar amps.

Otherwise: $525 plus shipping (tubes will be taken out, numbered and wrapped in bubble wrap)

Cheers!

2. Way Neat!!!!!!

3. funkyplump

funkyplump

Mar 20, 2008
  4. mikopita

Feb 22, 2007
    Florida
    Bump for pics, plus all pm's replied. I've had more interest in this than I had originally thought I would.

5. you have a pm :)

6. mikopita

Feb 22, 2007
    Florida
    At this time, it is pending payment.

7. mikopita

Feb 22, 2007
    Florida
    Sold.

Thread Status: