Mesa Boogie Mpulse 600

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Brian456or10, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Has anyone tried out the new Mesa Boogie Mpulse 600? I'm thinking of getting one, but my local music store won't have one for me to try out until a few weeks from now.
  2. I have. And my friend owns one. It's a pretty nice head. It's certainly loud. The controls are nice. Some people think the Mpulses can sound a bit harsh. It was okay to my ears from that standpoint.
  3. The MPulse 600 is the larger brother to my WalkAbout. I think you'll like it... lots of power, great tone and it's so flexible that yes, you can go from clear as a bell to lots of good old fashion tube grind (I suppose some people could hear that as harshness).

IMHO I think you should A/B it against whatever else you serious about... I'd be willing to bet you'd buy the Mesa! :cool:
  4. thelastofus

thelastofus Guest

Jul 3, 2002
    Bakersfield, Ca
    i think they sound great, everything mesa makes is great quality
  5. I too own the M-pulse 600...had it about a year now and I'm very pleased with it.the semi-parametric eq and compressor are very nice..the amp has lots of punch and power.I run it thru a boggie rd.rdy 2x15 and I slave another power amp from it to power a boggie rd.rdy. 2x10 it's BRUTAL!!!I can move a lot of air...I don't think the sound is "harsh" or "sterile",mine is in fact quite "warm" sounding.if you are a plug-n-play kinda guy it is much easier than the M-2000 to get a good sound. for the money you just can't beat it..BOOGIE GEAR RULES!!!