Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa/Boogie Powerhouse 1X15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Folmeister, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    O.k., Bass Gods:
    I just picked up a ridiculously low-priced Mesa Powerhouse 1X15 cabinet from a local player who was rather eager to get rid of the equipment he purchased not six months ago. Now, in searching the databases, I have found some things that I would like to have clarified about this cabinet:

1. Are there people who use this as a stand-alone? How does it perform?

2. There seems to be some buzz about defective drivers in early production of the cabinet. Is this true? How can you tell if you have a cabinet that may be part of that defective group?

2. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    1. i've never used it as a standalone on a gig or anything, i tried it by itself and it was very deep sounding, not very bright at all. sounds great with the matching 410.

2. probably if the speakers sound like crap.

do you by any chance know how much that cab of yours weighs? i'm considering buying one but weight is a factor for me.

3. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I don't know exactly how much it weighs, but it is relatively light. All I can say is that the 1X15 is not as light as my Goliath Jr. 2X10, and far lighter than my Goliath Senior or my Eden 4X10 XLT. The only curious thing about the new cabs is that they seem to be heavier on one side. I am retracting my question about using it as a stand alone as I went back and got the matching 2X10. Both cabs for $600, all in immaculate condition. I'm gonna rock a birthday party's world on the 7th!

:hyper: